Moving soon to MA help!!

Bariatric Bella
on 8/28/06 9:40 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
OK I posted something a few months ago and I am sorry if you replied please reply to this one. My computer dumped my email. I will be at Hanscom AFB as of November. Is there a support group there to go to. I have gotten to the point where I need a a group. If there isnt one I am a facilitator and willing to start on. How many people are in the area. I guess I am right in Bedford. Amy 390 before surgery 304 at surgery 210 currently 10 months out
JLR12679
on 8/28/06 10:59 am - Sudbury, MA
There is one at Newton Wellsley Hospital. Its held mostly on Thursdays at 630 That is exit 21 I think off of 128 and It would probally take you 25-30 minutes depending on traffic. good luck.
Patricia *.
on 8/28/06 12:08 pm - Stoneham, MA
Hi and welcome to MA. There is one in Winchester that is hosted by my doctor, Dr. Ameri, from Winchester Hospital. It's held at the Jenks Center (right near the center of town) on the second Tuesday of the month.
Peridot
on 8/29/06 9:25 am - Somerville, MA
Dr. Randall's group (always about 100 people, standing room only!) meets the fourth Thursday every month at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford. Please feel free to join us, Dr. Randall is the best! Peridot
Bariatric Bella
on 8/30/06 2:09 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Thank you where is that in relation to Bedford( hanscom AFB)? Amy
donnafc
on 8/31/06 4:48 am - Lowell, MA
Hi and Welcome to Mass. The weight loss center at Lowell General meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month between 6 and 7 p.m. When I map quested in Hanscom AFB to Lowell it is about 25 minutes. It too is a good group that recently changed to a new location and is presently having a new building revamp for them. They will be setting up more and different kinds of support including a gym and non surgical support. If you want to know how to get there you can mapquest.com your location to 295 Varnum Ave Lowell Ma 01854. Call them at 978.788.7200 or contact Lisa Dutton who runs the program e-mail [email protected]. Good luck and I hope you find the right program for you. donna
Cat1214
on 9/1/06 11:07 pm - Cohasset, MA
Hello again, Amy. I wrote to you once before. I am just home from the hospital now and 4 days post op. A little tired, a little pain, but I'm adjusting. Nonetheless, one of the doctors doing a fellowship with the Beth Israel Deaconess weight loss surgical team is an Army major who lives at Hanscom. He's a surgeon. I told him about you and he said he would be happy to communicate with you via email, give you an idea of where you can go, who you should, and should not ,see. Apparently, he has also arranged training for some of the doctors at Hanscom for post op care too, so I think he would be a very good resource for you. Send me an email directly to [email protected] and I'll forward the information to you. Best of luck! Cat Taylor
tazzy817
on 9/5/06 12:43 pm - Everett, MA
Burlington has a support group second Monday of each month 6:00-7:30 at Lahey Burlington hospital. It's right off of Route 95.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views