questions about what to expect post-op at home

debro28
on 8/20/06 7:55 am - Chelsea, MA
I had my surgery 2 wks. ago and I've been doing great except that I've been bother by constant lightheadedness and it's a very yucky feeling, has anyone felt something like this or similar, I have been unable to drive b/c of it even though I got the ok from my dr. I'll appriciate any suggestions
Lynn C
on 8/20/06 9:24 am
Debra - which surgery did you have? What is your daily calorie intake? Are you getting in all of your water? Sounds like you are either dehydrated or more likely just not getting enough calories for your body to function. I know with the band I was on 800 calories for the first few weeks and I felt a little sluggish but never lightheaded. You may want to give your doctor a call if you haven't already - this is not something that you should just live with. If you are not getting enough fuel into your body it can slow the healing process. I hope you feel better soon - keep us updated. Lynn Banded 9/12/05 300/208/140
debro28
on 8/21/06 12:39 am - Chelsea, MA
Lynn, Hi, thank you for your reply. I had the laparoscopic gastric bypass. I did leave a call into the dr's off. I'm on a fluid sched. including the carnation instant breakfast ( which I drink 3 times a day ) I'm waiting for the dr's call but maybe I should increase it to 5 times?. take care & thanks again. Debra
Emilyj
on 8/21/06 7:22 am - Springfield, MA
Are you still taking pain meds?
debro28
on 8/25/06 6:09 am - Chelsea, MA
Hi emily, Sorry it took me so long to reply. I stopped taking my pain meds about 11/2 wk. after surgery b/c they were helping but I didn't like the way I felt everytime I took them. but I also made the decision to stopped on how well I could tolerate the pain of course if it hurt I would've taken them. if you feel you don't need them, you should be OK. take care. Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views