Does anyone see Dr. Shikora, sp?

safer232
on 8/18/06 11:04 am - Marblehead, MA
Hi Everyone, My name is Sara, and I will be moving from Florida back to Boston and are banded, I will be seeing Dr. Shikora at Tufts medical. Anyone see him? Like him, don't like him, how are the office staff,any advice. Also any support group meetings, either by the doctors or their helpers or personally held ones. Thank you and can't wait to move back!!!!
Amanda.F
on 8/18/06 10:14 pm - Bradford, MA
Hi Sara Dr. Shikora is a well known & well respected, top Bariatric Surgeon in the Boston area. You can probably find a lot of articles on him on the internet. As a former Marbleheader, I wouldnt go anywhere else but to a Boston hospital even though there are programs close by to you. I think the drive into the city is worth it for Dr. Shikora. Best of luck! Amanda [email protected]
rockinred
on 8/22/06 12:28 am - Boston, MA
He's an amazing surgeon...one of the top in the field nationally. I'm pre-op RNY at NEMC and am hoping to get scheduled with Dr. Shikora. He's EXTREMELY knowledgable, very experienced, straight-forward with a great bedside manner/sense of humor. You won't be disappointed!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/06 1:22 am - MA
I actually went to a seminar last night at Tufts NEMC and Dr. Shikora was the speaker. He was extremely knowledgeable, sensitive, straightforward and kind. I am having my lap-gastric bypass done at Tufts (not by Dr. Shikora though) and Tufts is THE best hospital for wls. Its also a center of excellence for the wls, which is even better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views