Help! Had Stomach Staple before may not be able to have bypass

paulabear519
on 8/12/06 2:47 am - RANDOLPH, MA
In 1992 I had my Stomach Staple, actually had wanted the bypass but the doctor asked if I was big on sweets and I said No, which I wasn't so he said well we'll just do this. Needless to say I was very sick, didn't lose much weight. I would vomit just about every day and eventually I was able to keep food down (and plenty of it). I've done it all, as I'm sure most of us have. My most recent attempt was Weigh****chers, lost 50 lbs gained it all back plus another 8. I feel dieting is just making me fatter as the years go on. I'm now very happily married and in a good place in my life, my health isn't the best and I worry about dying young. I would love to live a ripe old age with my husband but if I don't get this weight off I don't think that will happen. The nurse has told me that I may not be eligible for the surgery because I had the staple before. Has anyone had this problem and what was your outcome. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/06 5:00 pm - Yakima, WA
LOTS of people have been revised from the old stomach stapling to bypass. I'd suggest posting this on the RNY forum AND the Revisions forum for more answers. You can find those by clicking the forums tab up top and then choose from the Surgery Types Forums list. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views