home from the hospital

bobbisue
on 8/8/06 4:57 am - Shrewsbury, MA
Hey, I had my surgery on friday, I came home monday. Everything went fine, will be glad to be able to move without stomach pain. Pain meds do help, but takes a while to crush and take it all in. Just have to get through the first weeks. I am now on the "other side". Will let you know how it proceeds. Thanks, Bobbi
ellie72
on 8/8/06 6:49 am - hull, MA
Good luck Bobbi, it is slow going the first couple of weeks, but all will be well! Congratulations
groundsmgr
on 8/8/06 9:59 am - sandown, NH
nice to see your home, good luck
carriehooks
on 8/8/06 11:44 am - West Palm Beach, FL
Bobbi, I had my surgery on 7/27 and I am doing much better. Just remember that each day gets easier. The doctor's didn't give you a script for liquid pain meds? Mine did and it made it so much easier. Carrie
Emilyj
on 8/9/06 3:43 am - Springfield, MA
Im suprised no one gave you liquid pain meds. I did when i was out and it made it so much easier. it tasted yummy too.
bizzy47
on 8/27/06 8:22 am
Hi..I've had my appt with the psych dr, med dr, nutritionist, excerside dr and surgeon. I was determined to have the lap band and am now seriously considering gastric. what did you have and how are you doing? I'm going to Tufts. Where did you have your surgery? Phyllis
bobbisue
on 8/27/06 12:59 pm - Shrewsbury, MA
Hi Phyllis, I had the bypass. I too considered the lap band. I was pretty set on it, but changed my mind because I know myself. I would have eventually cheated. With the bypass i felt like the safeguard of "dumping" would keep from straying or at least consequences when I did. Also, I was told with the band you lose about 50% of weight the first year then after five years you are probably the same as bypass. I did not want the pain and work of surgery (and even getting to surgery) only to lose half the weight the first year. I have a friend who had the lap band and she lost 68 pounds and it is nearly three years now since her surgery and she has not lost more. She says she isn't strict with herself, but she is content because she is more comfortable than she was and she is happy with that. I personally would not be as satisfied. I had my surgery at UMASS and I was very pleased with my doctor and the entire staff. It is now three weeks post op and I have graduated to soft food and I am doing well. My family and friends are so totally supportive and my husband tells me every day how proud he is that I have done a brave thing and that I am so dedicated to following the plan to the letter. I think he is a little impartial because he loves me but it is so nice to hear it repeatedly. Ultimatly, you will decide what is best for you and you will know what that is when the time comes. Neither choice is right or wrong or very easy. If i can give you any more information don't hesitate to ask. Good Luck. Regards, Bobbi
sbard
on 9/6/06 2:44 am - west brookfield, MA
Hi Bobbi- I was in your exercise class....SO glad to hear that all went well for you! I was hoping that I would see you on this website at some time. You must be so excited that the surgery is behind you and you have nothing but hard work and a GREAT HEALTHY life ahead of you. Just as an FYI - I was recently denied but am working with the appeal process. I am hopeful that I will be where you are soon enough. Good Luck and Keep in Touch. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views