HELP!!!PSYCH EVAL AT MGH

coffeegirl
on 8/7/06 11:35 am - somewhere, MA
Hi, I have my initial consult next week with the nutritionist, the MD and the psch eval. I am scared to death of the psch eval (lol) what am I to expect....anyone that can shed some light on this and let me know what to expect and how to be prepared I will be forever grateful. I have read some scary posts and I dont want to mess this up> THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Linda
Lynn C
on 8/7/06 3:34 pm
Dont panic. The psych eval is just to make sure that you understand and are able to comply with the changes you will have to deal with after surgery. They want to make sure that you do not go into this thinking that it is a simple easy cure and that you will be a swimsuit model in 6 months. I had surgery at BIDMC so your psych eval may differ: I had to fill in a 20 question true/false type sheet and then spent about 20 min chatting with the doctor. She felt my expectations were real and that I was well as normal as people get. (I thought she was a nut). Just be honest (although don't tell the shrink he/she is a nut even if that is what you think) and you will be fine. Good luck, Lynn Banded 9/12/05 300/208/140
stephanie1977
on 8/7/06 10:17 pm - Roxbury, MA
Also to add to the previous response, they want to make sure you are not trying to lose weight so that your husband/wife will not leave you. They want to make sure this decision is for your health only. The psych can tell when you are genuine so just be truthful. Stephanie
patrice S.
on 8/8/06 5:53 am - derry, NH
linda, who do you have for a psych at mgh? i had dr sogg and she is the nicest, sweetest woman!! just like the last people said, be honest and relaxed. be sure this is for you and all about you and you will be happy with the results. good luck, mgh was great with me, i have nothing but good to say about them. patrice
paulabear519
on 8/12/06 2:36 am - RANDOLPH, MA
I agree with all, just don't try to second guess the doctor, they'll see right through you in a minute. A friend of mine just went through hers and I gave her the same advice and she did just fine. You won't mess up!
Michelle00000032
on 8/14/06 5:11 am - Somerville, MA
I had Dr Sogg also and she is sooooooo sweet and calm and makes you feel comfortable. AGain, be honest and sincere. She is really there to help YOU and to help you to understand what this entails. Good luck, I love them all there!, great choice for your journey! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views