Newton Wellesley Patients...

SteffieBear15
on 8/7/06 4:43 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hello everybody....If anyone from NWH is on here I would love for you to come and say HI.... I have met a few of you at the support group meetings and would love to meet more. I hope everybody is doing well and feel free to come say Hi at the next meeting! Hugs, Stef
JLR12679
on 8/7/06 8:58 am - Sudbury, MA
I am through Newton Wellesley.... I am still preop. I am having the surgery on 10/3
honeymoo
on 8/7/06 9:15 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi NWH here, my surgery is on the 24th just heading to my last meeting on Thursday. Gwen
lgs1952
on 8/8/06 2:04 am - Waltham, MA
I had my surgery on 1/12/06 at NWH. I found the hospital staff to be outstanding. Going religiously to the support groups once a month. Hope to meet you there. Linda
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/06 1:02 am - Newton, MA
Hi all, I'm very new to this and have my consultation appointment with Dr. Partridge on October 25th. Any idea of how long I'll have to wait for a surgery date after that? Thanks! Kerry
lgs1952
on 8/9/06 9:02 am - Waltham, MA
Assuming your insurance is approved, (which only took a week for me), you could have a date set a month later. Dr Partridge and the team there are fantastic. (My surgery was done by Dr. Thayer.) Someone suggested attending as many group sessions as possible between now and your consultation and I think that's a great idea. It will set you on a positive path.
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/06 1:37 am - Newton, MA
Hi - I'll be attending the information meeting on 8/31 and I have a consultation with Dr. Partridge on 10/25. I'm nervous and excited. Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for a surgery date once I have my consultation? Thanks! Kerry javascript:setMainIcon('smile',15,15)
SteffieBear15
on 8/9/06 8:45 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi kerry.... the time to get a surgery date depends on amny factors... I went for my consultation on jan 3 05 and the first date they gave me was Feb 17....I cancelled that date for personal reasons but it depends on insurance, risk factors, psych problems, level of readiness the surgeon feels you are at, etc. they ar epretty quick if the time is right....best wishes.... you are in great hands!!! My advice is to go to as many meetings now as possible to get information and to make sure this is what you want. Best wishes! Hugs, Stef
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/06 11:59 am - Newton, MA
Oops - I didn't mean to post twice, sorry about. Thank you everyone for your replies! I will certainly attend as many meetings as I can - thanks for the advice. Kerry
Karen W.
on 8/10/06 11:05 pm - Worcester, MA
Hi, I'm a Newton Wellesley patient. I had my surgery on 1/25/06 with Dr. Thayer. I had my 6 month follow-up with Dr. Thayer this past week, which was very emotional. No one here mentioned about him retiring from practice at the end of this month. I had gotten a letter telling me this last month. I was very sad, but happy for him. I think he is a great surgeon. I've had no complications and as of 8/9 have lost 105lbs. I will be followed by Dr. Partridge, who assisted with my surgery, but I will really miss Dr. Thayer. Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views