2nd Stage Foods - RECIPES?

sandisoh
on 8/5/06 3:13 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi everyone. just wondering what recipes are available for the 2nd stage: soft foods: cheese, yogurt, potato, then Eggs, tuna, etc.... thanks ahead of time sandi
~ Stylz ~
on 8/5/06 11:58 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Sandi I tried chicken salad at the beginning of stage 2 and it didnt agree with me at all!!!!! I'm sure it didn't help that I ate it in less than a 1/2 hour, but I still tread lightly when it comes to chicken salad... As far as eggs go some people don't agree with eggs (even later on), I tried and was fine with it. I made deviled eggs with a little mustard, light mayo and turkey bacon bits and just ate it very slow. If you're doing yogurt, heres a yummy smoothie recipe. I cut it in half and it was still too much for me to finish in 1 serving, so next time I'll cut the half in half Lemon Berry Smoothie 1 cup skim milk 1 cup vanilla no-sugar added yogurt (or use plain and add a little sweetener and vanilla) 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) 1 and 1/2 tsp. Crystal Light Lemonade powder 1 cup ice blend together until all the ice is crushed. This makes a huge batch.
Emilyj
on 8/5/06 12:43 pm - Springfield, MA
Does anyone know any good websites for post op gastric bypass recipes?
~ Stylz ~
on 8/5/06 2:36 pm - North of Boston, MA
tooter has recipes on her site.. http://www.bariatricbytes.com/recipes.html
sandisoh
on 8/5/06 11:22 pm - WHITINSVILLE, MA
hey Stylz that sounds great I will try that!! I cannot wait to have POTATOES!!! These last couple of days before soft foods are TOUGH. I am having a very hard time getting down the shakes. I can drink milk fine, i think i will do more of that! thank you
Claudined
on 8/8/06 3:21 am - Malden, MA
stuffed shells with lowfat riccota and chilli were my favorites at the beginning. Good luck!
April R.
on 8/6/06 12:37 am - plymouth, MA
Cheese Custard Pie.. it's really just a Cheese Quiche Desperate for normalcy during this stage.. I found this in the Joy of Cooking and improvised with low-fat options. I was craving eggs but couldn't get them down any other way.. great recipe that the whole family should enjoy!! SUPER CHEESY and EASY!! Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup of skim milk 3 eggs 1 cup of 2% shredded/grated mozzarella 1 oz. of 50% fat-free grated cheddar cheese (Cabot is good) or another oz of mozzarella. 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp of pepper 1/2 tsp of onion powder 8 tsp of grated parmesan cheese Preheat oven to 325.. spray an 8-inch dish with Pam and set aside 1) Scald milk (to heat almost to the boiling point) in a medium sized sauce pan (it's ok if it burns a little.. we actually found this adds more flavor). 2) Reduce the heat and add all the shredded cheese (not the parmesan yet). Stir until the cheese is melted. It may be a little lumpy but it will thin out as you add more ingredients. 3) Add: salt, pepper, onion powder, and 2tsp parmesan cheese.. and/or any other spices you desire!! 4) Remove the mixture from the heat and beat in ONE egg at a time. 5) Pour mixture into the pie pan, sprinkle 6 tsp of parmesan cheese evenly over mixture and bake for 45 minutes. 4 servings 20g of protein per serving 195 calories per serving ** in later stages you can add grated onion instead of powder and use a pre-made pie crust for I am sure extra yummieness!!! Italian Meatloaves.. Pre-heat oven to 350 Ingredients: ½ pound of ground turkey 1 egg ¼ cup of Italian bread crumbs 1/8 cup of parmesan cheese 1 small can of hunts tomato sauce.. I like the flavored ones. Recipe makes 4 loaves.. easily doubled for 8 loaves I would get a mini loaf pan here is what they look like.. (http://www.kitchencollection.com/Temp_Products.cfm?sku=00231136) I like to make the loaves because 1) it cooks faster; 2) it's the perfect portion; and 3) it's easy to freeze up leftovers for another time. Anyhoo.. you mix up all the ingredient together.. you don't need to put it in a blender but if you do it makes the loaves come out creamier and easier to eat. Cook loaves in oven for 17-20 minutes. Each loaf has: 22 g protein 156 calories I topple mine with a piece of cheese and warm tomato sauce.. hope these help!! April R
sandisoh
on 8/6/06 10:34 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Thanks April!! I went shopping today for my STAGE 4 foods...yogurts, potato, some cheeses and some soup to puree..yum. Thank you for the recipes! (wish I lived by the ocean) I grew up vacationing in Brewster!! sandi ps: you look GREAT!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views