Protein Shakes!!!

Emilyj
on 7/30/06 11:16 am - Springfield, MA
Hello all! I am just out of surgery July 20th, but still need to be taking in the 70 grams of protien. Does anyone know any drinks that are more juice like, and dont taste like crap? It would be a huge help! I cant drink these things anymore. They are making me sick
YVETTE A.
on 7/30/06 12:40 pm - SPRINGFIELD, MA
Hi! you can try a liquid protein drick called "isopure" I think you can find it in GNC .Hope this can help you. Try doing you own smothie with fresh fruit and put in you protein.
Renee K.
on 7/31/06 12:11 am - Valatie, NY
I'm preparing for surgery end of Aug/Sept timeframe. I've been using Nature's Whey protein in vanilla, with ice, water, 3-4 strawberries and 1/2 banana. I love it and my 13 year old son is even drinking them everyday. Give it a try, it really isn't bad even just as a vanilla shake. Renee
Kerry H.
on 8/2/06 10:50 am - Worcester, MA
The Vitamin Shoppe sells a protein shake that is called Nectur. It is juice like.
sandisoh
on 8/5/06 2:56 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
I am So sick of the shakes too. I cannot start any other foods until Monday - but it's close. I tried the Isopure (tastes like pasty water) and I tried Nectar (way to freakin' sweet, gross) I couldn't drink any of them yesterday....but I tried again today and have gotten about 2 shakes down. I understand you totally. only a couple more days until softs foods!!! best wishes for a great beginning and wonderful journey! sandi
lilirishgrl71
on 8/5/06 8:47 am - West Springfield, MA
Bariatriceating.com has lots of different tastey protein shakes. I have tried lots... lots of people like profect because it's 25 grams of protein in just 2.7 ounces... but it's so sweet I nearly got sick... so that'll wait a while. I have isopure but haven't tried it yet... I did try the lemon iced tea nectar and that was good... it just looks weird. You just get to the point in doing the protein, where you can't stomach the sweet milky taste anymore. I literally had anxiety about drinking it a few days ago. I got so sick I thought I had a stricture. I couldn't drink and felt like I was choking. I had been drinking them 2 weeks pre op as a requirement too, so it was just too much for me. Anyway... to alleviate some of the sweet I had to drink, I went to gnc and got tasteless protein powder. I put it in my mashed potatoes and yogurt... I'm also going to put some in my sugarfree pudding... but we'll see how that tastes. It's not great in the yogurt, but just fine in the potatoes. Good luck with the shakes! In no time we'll be able to eat good food, just in small portions! Hugs, Mary
~ Stylz ~
on 8/5/06 11:44 am - North of Boston, MA
www.wlssupplies.com sells samples that come in plastic containers. You mix the shake in the container and then throw it out (thats the best about their samples)! The person that runs the site had bypass surgery and is an OH member She has tons of different proteins, you can buy singles, a pack of them by flavor (vanilla, chocolate, etc), or by brand (nectar, scifit, ids, isopure, etc). its worth buying samples and waiting to buy bulk after surgery. I use to drink a protein shake every morning for 2 years and LOVED the flavor.. After surgery it made me sick good luck!
Emilyj
on 8/5/06 12:29 pm - Springfield, MA
Thanks so much guys!!! I cant drink any of the milk based shakes. I went to my post op appt. and my dr put me on solids. So I ve been getting alot more of my protein in. Thanks everyone....
pebbles4388
on 8/8/06 11:52 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
Thank you, styles for the link! I've started looking for shakes I will like now even before having had surgery, and this really helps. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views