I don't know where to start

WENDYBH
on 7/28/06 11:45 pm - NEW BEDFORD, MA
I been trying to get some information abaut the bypass surgery, when i was living in New York i made an appoiment to see a bariatric surgeon; i moved to new bedford MA. I don't know where to go here to get everything started. I don' t have any insurence. I would like to know if masshealth pay for the surgery or what the total cost for the surgery.
Crystal M
on 7/29/06 4:54 am - Dracut, MA
Hi Wendy, Welcome to MA. I am not too sure about Mass Health, you may want to give thier offices a call and ask what the guidlines are. As for costs. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is in the neighborhood of $20,000. Good luck and I hope you find some good answers at Mass Health Crystal
DramaQueenz
on 7/29/06 6:52 am - Patriots Nation, MA
With mass health they take a looonnng time to approve people for gastric bypass surgery. My aunt recently got hers after putting her claim in 5 years ago! You have to have a lot of commorbities for them even to think twice about covering it. Good luck!
Peridot
on 7/29/06 10:54 am - Somerville, MA
There's a gal in my support group that has Mass Health. Her approval was less than 9 months. Peridot
YVETTE A.
on 7/30/06 10:53 am - SPRINGFIELD, MA
Welcome to Obesityhelp well I can tell you that MassHealth do pay for the bypass surgery . You must have Your PCA referal to a Bariatic Clinic and do everything they tell you need. I don't know if you are near here. I live in Springfield, here you can go to Mercy Comprehentive, there they have evrything for yoyr jorney. Hoping this will help you if you need more inf. feel free to e-mail me.
paulabear519
on 8/12/06 2:54 am - RANDOLPH, MA
If you live in and around Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess has orientation every other week, it's free and very informative. You have to do 2 orientations before they'll do surgery, so start there. I've been to 1 orientation so far and hope to have it done. They have a fantastic group there. I first saw them on 20/20 or one of those shows, they have a whole floor just for Bariatric surgery, larger beds, chairs etc. You have to be sincerely commited. Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views