BCBS HMO Blue Surgery Requirements - I have them here!

bethinboston
on 7/26/06 6:48 am - Salem, MA
I can email them to you if you are interested...Here is just part of them: Patient Selection Criteria: The physician has indicated that the patient: - is a well informed and motivated patient with acceptable operative risks - a strong desire for substantial weight loss - failure of other non-surgical approaches to long-term weight loss - the patient is enrolled in a program which provides pre-op and post-op multi-disciplinary evaluation and care including: behavioral health, nutrition, and medical management AND the patient is morbidly obese (BMI > 40) OR The patient has a BMI >35 and the physician has indicated that the patient has one or more of the following: - sleep apnea - pickwickian syndrome - pseudotumor cerebri - obesity related cardiomyopathy - type II diabetes - at least stage 1 hypertension - coronary artery disease - obesity related pulmonary hypertension.. Hope that helps!
Crystal M
on 7/29/06 4:57 am - Dracut, MA
WOW!! This is a huge help and I wasn't even the one who asked for it. LOL I just posted on another board looking for this exact information. You have totally put my fears to rest since I meet all the criteria. I am feeling more confident of my approval. Thank you so much Crystal consult 9/1/06
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views