Plastic Surgeon Recommendation?

StephLL
on 7/26/06 4:26 am - Stoughton, MA
Greetings!! I had open RYN on 9/24/04 and am just starting the process of searching for a Plastic Surgeon. I have set up 3 consultations so far, but I want to make sure I'm getting the best! I have already had one consultation and he didn't strike me as super experienced in WLS patients and it stuck me that he was encouraging me to do too much at once, not keeping in mind how hard the recovery would be. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks so much, Stephanie
ellie72
on 7/28/06 1:44 am - hull, MA
Hi Stephanie, I had my surgery last August. Thus I am not ready for plastic surgery. However, I did hear Dr. Loren Borud from Beth Israel speak at a WLS event I went to. He spoke about doing procedures in massive weight loss patients. But more importantly he spoke about constantly working on ways to make the procedures better. I think he would definitely be worth going to see!
KikiK
on 7/31/06 12:18 pm - Boston, MA
I had dr. Borud www.borud.com (He doesn't post his best work on there because he wants people to have realistic expectations.) He has done the most LBL on the East Coast and he is writing a book with my Bariatric surgeon about PS and massive weight loss. Come prepared with questions...there is a list on the PS board..or in someone's profile on there. he knows he is good so he comes of a little pompous but other than that he is excellent.
DAISYGIRL
on 8/4/06 11:07 am - BRAINTREE, MA
i also had Dr Bourd do my surgery for a tummy tuck this past March. I have before and after pics if you would like me to email them to you. you can email me at [email protected] also I have my weight loss journey on www.myspace.com/lapband good luck JEannine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views