Anyone on the south shore (plymouth, duxbury, kingston area)

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/06 11:55 pm - MA
Just wondering if there is anyone around my area thinking about having the surgery or HAVE had it.
tleach52
on 7/24/06 3:46 am - Pembroke, MA
Paula, I live in Pembroke (down the street from silver lake high). I just had my surgery on July 10th at Brigham & Women's. Marleen
Trish S.
on 7/24/06 7:33 pm - Plymouth, MA
Hi Paula, (Marlene, too), I live in Plymouth and am scheduled for Lap RNY August 22nd at Newton-Wellesley. I also thought about it for years and did a ton of research before making the decision to have it done. The best thing was attending the group meetings and talking with my surgeon. After that, I was convinced and now Aug. 22 can't come fast enough. It's not a decision we come to lightly, but in the end, I think we all decide to do it to improve our health and lifestyle. Good luck with the process and hang in there, you will have a date in no time. Trish S.
honeymoo
on 7/27/06 12:57 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I'm going to NW too, Dr. Thayer. I have my sleep apnea test next Wed. and hopefully will get my date after that. I meet w/ Dr. right after my test is done. Shooting for before the end of Aug because he is retiring. We'll see. Good luck Gwen
ellie72
on 7/25/06 12:46 am - hull, MA
Hi Paula, I live in Hull. I had my surgery last Augus at Brigham and Women's. It was a great decision! I look like a new person! But most importantly I feel great
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/06 1:11 am - MA
Thanks for your replies. Its nice to see people from my area on here. When (if) I have surgery, it will be at Tufts-New England Medical center. My best friend had her surgery at Brigham & Womens and hers was done almost 2 years ago, she looks great. Brigham & Womens or Beth Israel seems where alot of people are having their surgeries done but I heard that Tufts is a good hospital too.
honeymoo
on 7/27/06 10:59 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
New England Medical Center is great, my DH was there last year for 2 weeks , he got flown off of here on New Years eve not knowing what was wrong ended up being his appendix. The staff was pretty good- different situation so hard to compare, he had one Dr. that was wonderful!! Good Luck!
shadylady896
on 7/28/06 2:11 am - brewster, MA
Hi Paula, I live on the Cape and am in the process of having Gastric Bypass at Tufts/NEMC. So far it has been a great experience. I started in May and won't have my surgery until November due to my job but I also feel the extra time is giving me more time to be sure this is what I want! I take the bus into Boston as it is much easier....maybe a bit more expensive but easier. I am in the middle of the 6 week behavior change program, have met with the DR, the surgeon, the pysch, the excercise dr and the nutritionist. Tufts definatley gets you prepared for everything! Good luck with your journey! I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can! Melinda
roberta J.
on 7/30/06 5:10 am - easton, MA
Marleen, What Dr did you have at Brigham and Women's? Dr. Robinson is doing my open RNY on 9/27/06. What support grouos do you go to? I live in Brockton. Thanks Ro
tleach52
on 7/31/06 11:35 am - Pembroke, MA
Roberta, I had Dr Lautz performed my lap rny. The B&W hospital care was excellent which made my hospital stay as pleasant as can be expected. As for the support groups - I am looking for a support group closer to home in the Plymouth area. I see Natalie the dietician in 2 weeks and will ask her about any support groups that she knows of in the south shore area and I will forward the info to you. Marleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views