What's the worst, and the best?

bobbisue
on 7/23/06 11:36 am - Shrewsbury, MA
Hi I have been reading posts here for a while, just joined in today. My surgery is scheduled for August 4th. I am excited, nervous, everything. I am really trying to be realistic about what to expect. I am just wondering what was the worst experience post op, and what was the best? A weird, but interesting fact is that as a 41 year old woman, I have never vomited, so I guess the idea that I could be doing that a lot, is a little scary. I can tolerate pain pretty well. Anyway you get the picture, I just need a little more feed back. Thanks, Bobbi
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/06 4:05 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi I just celebrated my 4th year surgiversary. I've tossed cookies about 3 times in all that time....and two of them was my own fault for not chewing well. I did learn to not converse while eating steak The 3rd time was sick-related. (((HUGS)))
jereyes
on 7/24/06 4:33 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Bobbi I had surgery 8 months ago. I did fine with the pain it wasn't too bad. I had open surgery. I found the hardest part of recovery was by taste buds kept on chaging. I could tolerate one food for one day but not the next. I also vomited on a numerous occasions. For some odd reason by body didn't want chicken for the longest time. Everytime I tried to eat it I would get sick! It eventually passed with time. I also ended up with kidney stones two weeks after my surgery. The main reason was because I was not drinking enough water. In the beginning try to keep up with your fluid intake. I do not veiw my experience as bad. It was well worth it in the long run. Good luck with your upcoming surgery! Janet
lilirishgrl71
on 8/5/06 8:51 am - West Springfield, MA
I'm 12 days out and I haven't vomited at all... and only felt mild nausea on one occasion, and it was brief. Don't think about the worst... the best is where your focus should be. I never once let the horror stories enter my thoughts, even though I knew they were there... good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views