A Public Thank You!

txbunny930
on 7/24/06 3:03 am - MA
There are such wonderful people here on OH and I've had the pleasure of finding a few on here. Yesterday, Stephanie called me just to check up on how I was doing. I'm still pre-op and will be on my way by this fall but I've had some emotional things I've had to deal with. My son has been deployed to Iraq, my mother (who is toxic to me) has decided to be her nasty self again and I sat and ate 1/2 a box of donut holes yesterday. I NEVER eat sweets but they were there, I was crying my heart out and it seemed to be a comfort, which it wasn't. It made me feel worse. Then Stephanie called. Like a radar signal was sent out for her to call me. She was amazing in what she had to say. Her encouragement and firm words lifted me. I'm still crying and it'll pass but knowing that someone cared, made me feel special. Thank you Stephanie, from the bottom of my heart. I'll see you on Thursday at the support group meeting for a much needed hug. Love you, Lorraine
almcafee
on 7/24/06 9:20 am - Leominster, MA
Bunny, I am so sorry that you are having to go thru this. As you know I understand all too well about the problems with parental units. How long has your son been gone? How long will he be gone? I watched my X deployed a few times while we were together the farthest & longest being to Irac in 90 and it was very difficult. Just remember to relish every letter and phone conversation that you share with him. God will watch over him and you and bring him home to your arms hopefully sooner rather than later. I am sure that there are not too many of us who have not fallen off of the wagon a time or two. Don't let it deter you from the end goal. Ok, so you messed up but you know that you messed up and that was the difference. That and you stopped before the whole box was gone! Right? Now you know that keeping junk food in the house is a no no because it is just too much of a temptation. Also you know that your mother is a trigger for your over eating, as much as it may hurt you may have to just bite the bullet and not speak to her when she starts to sound like she is going to attack. Hugs to you Bunny, April
Kim G.
on 7/24/06 9:53 am - West Springfield, MA
(((Lorraine))) I had similar stressors before my surgery - in fact, I gained beforehand. My 12 yr. old son had gotten in so much trouble that he was placed in a program run by my state's Dept. of Social Services. He may not be allowed to come home for a long time because he refuses to follow rules. The surgery has really helped me re-evaluate how I treated myself when I was stressed. I'm so glad I don't have food as an option anymore. I so hope things improve with your mom too. I have two sisters who are toxic to me and I don't associate with them anymore. I am to valuable to me to put up with them. I love them but I will not allow them to pull me down into their misery. Congratulations on putting yourself in the forefront and getting the surgery. You will be so glad you did and you are so worth it. Blessings, Kim
txbunny930
on 7/30/06 12:24 am - MA
Hi Kim: My prayers go with you regarding your son. Raising children is not easy and I've seen the system not work before. I pray it does for you and your son. I'm a single parent and when I was raising them as teens, it was hard to be in 2 places at once. Holding firm to the foundation I had in place and sticking with it helped but it was prayers that did the most for me and my children. This surgery is all about me and it seems selfish to some while I feel it's the most important step for me to get back to basics and healthy. Without my health, I cannot move forward. Things with my mom have become worse. Unfortunately, that is how she has been my whole life. It's my choice if I want to be involved with her or not and I'm choosing not too for now. I need to concentrate on myself and my children. Holding strong for my son and his new wife. When it comes right down to it, the only family I have are my 2 children and I'm very blessed with both of them. Keep me posted as to how things are progressing with your son. It will help me direct how I pray for you both. God bless and keep you both safe, Lorraine
stephanie1977
on 7/24/06 9:10 pm - Roxbury, MA
Lorraine, You know you are my girl! And whether it's pre op or post op we are all on the same road making the same journey TOGETHER!! There isn't anyone else who understands our problems better than us. Never forget that I am here and always remember you have people around you who love and respect you. See you Thursday! Love to you, Stephanie
txbunny930
on 7/26/06 11:34 pm - MA
Good Morning Stephanie: I just wanted you to know how special of a person you really are. Sometimes people forget or get busy and never say the things that they need too. There are times when life throws those curve balls that we need the little reminders that we are not alone. Thank you for being the person that you are. See you tonight, Love you too, Lorraine
txbunny930
on 7/30/06 12:26 am - MA
Doug: Thank you for the prayers. You were very much missed Thursday. Everyone was looking for you. Nice to see when one of us is missing that we ask about each other. Denver, very nice. I love it there. Hope it was a vacation and not work. See you and your wife at the next meeting. Tell her hello from me. Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views