Made the Consultation Appt

Crystal M
on 7/21/06 3:31 am - Dracut, MA
I am so excited. Made the first step toward my new life. Sept 1st is the appt day, from the sounds of it I will probably not have the surgery for 4-5 months after. Does this sound right? I am starting to feel a lot of different things right now. I am afraid of the drastic changes, but so excited at the possibility of being healthy and actually being able to run and play with my 3 year old. I want her to be proud of her Mom, not embarrassed. I am so excited to have found this community, it makes me feel better knowing I am not alone. Crystal :cool:
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/06 4:46 am - MA
Hi Crystal, I know EXACTLY what you are feeling, I also made the step to a new life. My first meeting with the psychologist and surgeon from Tufts is on 9/11, I also heard that surgery wont be until 4-5 months after too. Im so excited and having tons of emotions. Im full of nervous excitement too. I want to be able to enjoy life without being embarassed and to spend lots of time with my nieces and nephews. Im glad I found this community too, it makes me feel better knowing other people out there are going through the same thing along with me. Paula :-)
ellie72
on 7/21/06 6:37 am - hull, MA
Good for you! It is exciting. I had my surgery last August. I had a follow up yesterday, I have officially lost 168 pounds. I feel great! My initial consultation last year was in April. I had my surgery in August. Sometimes it can take a littile longer if you insurance has some trouble etc. But don't be discouraged. It will all work out.
txbunny930
on 7/21/06 9:42 am - MA
Congrats on a new start and journey. You've come to a wonderful community of people. The timing all has to do with the guidelines set by your insurance company. I thought 3 to 6 months and here I am a year later. But that's my fault for not being the one in the driver's seat with the documentation that my insurance company requires. Call your insurance company and ask them to send you the guidelines required for approval. They can fax or mail this information to you. Do what is required and you will have no problems. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to a new life. Lorraine
Crystal M
on 7/21/06 11:37 am - Dracut, MA
Thank you both so much. I got my packet from the surgeon today and I am looking forward to getting together all the things I will need. I plan on doing anything I can to make this process move along. Thank you for the advice, Lorraine, I will call my insurance company on Monday. I will let you all know how it goes on Sept 1st. Wish me luck. Crystal
Crystal M
on 7/22/06 8:26 am - Dracut, MA
I got my packet in the mail from the surgeon yesterday. I was overwhelmed with the items they are looking for :-o . I plan on buckling down and filling it out this weekend coming. I have to come up with that 5 year past weight loss ativity and I have really tried everything, I am afraid I will be writing the great American novel. Thanks for the well wishes, you have no idea how much I appreciate this support. Crystal
KrissyJ
on 7/22/06 8:38 am - Pepperell, MA
Hi Crystal, I also have made that first step. My appt. is on Aug.9th and i just cannot wait. I have a six year old son, and believe me, i feel the exact same way. I want to run around with him, and not feel embarassed of myself. I have to admit that it is starting to scare me a bit, too. However, being able to buy normal size clothes and feel comfortable working out, it will be worth it. Krissy
steambacker
on 7/26/06 10:21 am - Hull, MA
I just made my consult appointment today and was very suprised to see this post. I chose my MD from those that posted terrific posts about him and I did more research on him on the internet. I am really looking forward to meeting him and learning more details from him on the surgery. I am not sure if I am interested in the Bypass surgery or doing the Lap Band. I've not always been overweight. It actually happened in the past 10 years. I have social anxiety from having all this weight and hate leaving the house because I am so embarrassed and always feel so tired. I think I have made the best decision and will really make a positive change in my life. I wish Crystal all the luck in the world with her consult as well. I would love to hear any updates after you have your consult and I can share mine with you as well! :-)
Crystal M
on 7/29/06 5:01 am - Dracut, MA
Thank you and to all of you that have scheduled the consult and made that first step. I want to stand up and cheer (if I wasn't so fat, LOL) So I will let him do the happy dance for me Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views