Freaking out!

InnerAnomaly
on 7/12/06 12:12 pm - Hudson, MA
I've just about completed everything I need to have my surgery. I have my psych eval on Friday (I just scheduled it today, and I happened to get a cancelled appointment spot.) I'm so scared all of a sudden. I know I want this surgery, it's not even a question in my mind. Can anyone tell me what to expect with these psych evals? My dietitian said to make the appointment today, since it can take a while to get an appointment. How long did you have to wait for your surgery once your eval passed, and you were given the go-ahead to have the surger? Thanks! Eva
NicoleC
on 7/12/06 1:27 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
Hi Eva, I had my initial appointment on May 31st. They do Psych, Nutritionist and surgeon in one visit in one office. I am having my surgery on July 25th. There were some requirements that I had to fulfill before they gave me the final approval, like meetings and classes but I got it all in and am now set for surgery. I think it all depends on where you go and what your surgeon and hospital's schedules and requirements are. Good luck! Nicole
InnerAnomaly
on 7/12/06 9:54 pm - Hudson, MA
Thank you Nicole!! Wow, they got you through fast!! I'm really just scared that I've gone though all of this, only to have a psych turn around and say "Sorry, she's a loon, no go on the surgery"... I know that won't happen, I'm trying to remain positive, there's no reason I shouldn't have the surgery. I know what I'm having done, I know what I'll have to do to be successful to do it, and I'm totally willing to do it all, just so I can be healthy, and happy, and be around for my family (my husband, and son mostly)... I can't not be around for my son I'm really hoping this is all just scare tactic, and that it won't be as traumatizing as I'm expecting it to be.
donnafc
on 7/12/06 10:40 pm - Lowell, MA
For most the psych eval is about getting to know if you are real with the program you are about to follow. That you understand what is going on and know the risks. What your expectations are. To make sure that you are aware that this is just a tool and there is a lot of head stuff that has to be done. A good program will help you if you identify what your eating issues are help you deal with them. Are you and emotional eater, binge eater etc. If you are planing on having this surgery to loose a little weight so that you can become the next supper model of the year and pose in sports illustrated then you may be turned down. The fact that you want this to be healthy with your family tells me that you should do fine. I had to wait about a month from eval to surgery date. good luck and don't be to worried. donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views