Brigham & women's surgeons...info?

Amavin
on 7/11/06 11:53 pm - Manchester, NH
Ok so I found a thread in the Nh area with some feed back on one surgeon, but I'd like to see if there is anymore out there... I checked the reviews but there weren't any available. Dr. David Lautz Dr. Malcolm Robinson Dr. Ashley Vernon. Please let me know if one of these people were your surgeon and how you felt. Were they professional, personal attention, any complications due to errors?
ellie72
on 7/12/06 6:45 am - hull, MA
Hi Christine, I had a LAP RNY 8/23/05 with Dr. Lautz. I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. I felt very comfortable and at ease. He answered any questions I had without hesitation. I had no complications. I know feeling comfortable was a big thing for me! Let me know if you have anymore questions. Also, there is a support group meeting the 1st and 3rd tuesday of the month. I find them informative and you get a chance to talk to folks that have gone to all of the Dr's!
JennieLeigh81
on 7/12/06 7:09 am - Baton Rouge, LA
I had Open RNY with Dr. Robinson on 5/31/06. I can't say this enough, HE AND HIS STAFF ARE FABULOUS!!!!! I have not had any complications and surgery was a breeze. Please read my review of him (on my profile). He is a very strict surgeon and requires you to lose weight before surgery. He is very careful and competent, and he takes care of you no matter what. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I was only supposed to be in for 3, but he let me stay longer because I was too scared to go home. He visited me each day during my hospital stay, each time checking on my pain and discomfort. He even gave me an epidural so I wouldn't feel anything! It was fabulous!!!! The nurses at the Brig were GREAT!!! I love that hospital I am so happy I chose him as my surgeon! He saved my life!!!!!
Caeli B.
on 7/12/06 1:26 pm - Boston, MA
Dr. Vernon did my lap band surgery and I absolutely adore her!!! I couldn't recommend her more highly or the Brigham in general. To "meet" the Brigham surgeons online and hear them speak a little check out: http://www.or-live.com/BrighamandWomens/1372/ Caeli
Joyce S.
on 7/13/06 4:51 am - Dennis, MA
My husband and I both had Dr Lautz for lap RNY - mine was Nov 7, his was Dec 19. The surgery went well Dr Lautz sees his patients every 3 months the first year and once every 6 months after that. My hospital stay was not good as I was stuffed on the 11 th floor - the Thoracic floor - they not only didn't have a clue what a Bariatric patients needs are I was made to feel most UNwelcome. My husband was on the 15th floor - gastric floor - he had excellent care. So which ever dr you get make sure you go to the 15th floor for your aftercare. Joyce S.
Kim S.
on 7/13/06 10:35 am - North of Boston, MA
I had the lap-band with Dr. Vernon at the end of Dec. She was/is great, as is the support staff, PA's, nutritionist, etc. I highly recommend the program as I have only heard good things about all three doctors. Kim
Valerieb09
on 7/14/06 2:00 pm - Seacoast, NH
Hi Christine, I am in New Hampshire and I chose to go to the Brigham & Women's for my lapband surgery. I had Dr. David Lautz as he is considered one of the best surgeons for laproscopic surgery on obese people. He is awesome, kind, soft spoken and an excellent surgeon. The Brigham is an excellent hospital and their reputation speaks for itself. It is a very long drive for me and driving in Boston is somewhat scary...lol. But it is well worth it if you want the best surgeon with the best possible outcome. I had lapband surgery on June 7th at the Faulkner Hospital, sister hospital to the Brigham, I was disappointed that I didn't get to stay at the Brigham...lol. My surgery was changed to that hospital the week before but my experience was good. My boss had him for her gastric bypass and many people from my area are also using him as their surgeon this summer. We have plenty of surgeons here in New Hampshire that do perform bariatric surgery but I wanted his experience as I only have one kidney due the kidney cancer. He does have a patient forum on this website and their are many reviews on this website. They are all excellent reviews...not one negative comment. I hope this helps you in your decision. I am very pleased with him and my results. Valerie in New Hampshire
StephLL
on 7/26/06 4:23 am - Stoughton, MA
I had Dr. Lautz for an open RNY on 9/24/04 and he is my hero! He is kind and patient and I only wish I could go back to him for my plastic surgery! He is a gem!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views