HOW DOES THE CHAIN OF EVENTS WORK?

coffeegirl
on 7/11/06 12:22 am - somewhere, MA
I finally got my appt @ MGH with the MD, Psch Eval, and Nutri, what and how long from here until I see the surgeon? I am not sure of the time frame or the order in which things take place at MGH any input would be appreciated. This forum has been such a wealth of information and inspiration.
sandisoh
on 7/12/06 1:05 pm - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi Linda. 1) Initial meeting at the weight center to listen to the surgical tract 2) Go to the surgical meeting 3) Get an appt. with the director of the weight center 4) Behavioral appt. and nutritional appt. 5) Sign up for Group Classes for the weight center (usually 4 weeks) 6) behavioral appt. 7) nutritional appt. 8) Surgeons appt. 9) wait for an appointment.... Approx 6 months - 10 months (depending) But remember EVERY SINGLE WEIGHT CENTER IS DIFFERENT. Ask them how they operate...when you see the director or the doctor for the first time they usually give you a TIME LINE... GOOD LUCK _ _ _ _ whooo hoooo!! sandi
Michelle00000032
on 7/14/06 3:49 am - Somerville, MA
Hi Linda, I actually go to the MGH Weight Center and this was my schedule and from what i hear it is about the same for everyone. 4/25/06 Met with Physician, Nutritionist and Psycologist 5/8/06 Open session (Informational for all that want surgery MUST ATTEND) 5/23/06 Met with Physician they decided I was a good candidate for surgery. Got my date of 8/21/06 5/31/06 Met with Dr Hutter, Surgeon, he explained the surgery and all complications that could happen. 7/5/06 Got my schedule of appts from Jessica in the weight center 7/12/06 Aptp with Physician just asked how I was doing any prolems or concerns 7/25/06 Nutrition group MANDATORY 7/31/06 Pre-Admission testing 8/8/06 Psycologist 8/10/06 Physician 8/16/06 Surgeon Dr Hutter 8/21/06 SURGERY That was my schedule yours could differ but Im sure it will not be off by much it is pretty standard. Who do you have for a surgeon or have you decided yet? Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views