PRE OP TOMORROW...SURGERY NEXT MONDAY

sandisoh
on 7/9/06 11:05 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi Everyone... My doctor and my nutritionist didn't say anything about going on a pre op diet/liquid diet...just to make sure I am getting my protein in and getting off soda. I did get off soda and I have been doing protein bars, drinks, cheese, turkey and no sugar I hope tomorrow's pre op appt. goes okay. I am scared that I will gain weight, but since I have been eating better I think I should be okay. Any prayers are appreciated!! ~ thank you in advance Going to bed in hopes of getting a good night sleep Sandi In Mass Umass Dr. Kelly
almcafee
on 7/9/06 11:14 am - Leominster, MA
Sandy, Good luck tomorrow. This week will fly by for you. Don't worry you won't gain any weight between now and then if you don't try and eat like it is the last time you will get to eat ever again. I will be saying a prayer for you. Talk to you soon, Hugs, April
sandisoh
on 7/9/06 11:24 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Thank you so much April, I appreciate it! I am SO SO excited about this surgery, this great tool to help change my life for the better, a new life!!! I am headed to bed to rest for the BIG (no pun intended) day tomorrow!! Sandi
coffeegirl
on 7/11/06 6:12 am - somewhere, MA
Hi Sandi, Bet you are glad yesterday is behind you, lol. Hope all went well!!! Linda
sandisoh
on 7/12/06 12:55 pm - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi Linda, Yes!! The 2.5 hour pre op was FUN (LOL) but I met another patient of Dr. Kelly at Umass, and she is having the surgery on the same day, same surgeon and wouldn't it be great to room with someone who is going through the same thing. I told her about this site, so I am hoping she logs on and joins in the fun. My friend Ray said to me yesterday, "OK, so this is your NEW LIFE here on THIS website, huh?" LOL - I had to laugh because I spend SO MUCH time on here! But the suggestions, concern, support and laughs are what make this site the best! I have met so many people! Cannot wait until MONDAY - whoo hooo. Going to Cape Cod on Saturday for my friend Ray's 30th birthday - my last chance to have a TINY bowl of clam chowder....but other than that I have been doing pretty well- eating well before surgery excited = joyfull = new life = faith = friends = beginning of my new life/end of the old sadness and fatigue - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO OK, sorry - did I say I was excited see ya on the LOSERY side rock on! sandi
nurse1
on 7/12/06 1:52 pm - Northbridge, MA
Enjoy the weekend. Will be thinking of you on Monday. Good things are going to come your way. Elaine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views