Saints Memorial program moving to LGH!

~ Stylz ~
on 7/8/06 7:59 am - North of Boston, MA
Did anyone get their letter in the mail today? Aug 1st, the weight management center is moving to Lowell General! The only thing that bums me out is I wont be able to walk to my appts and support group meetings anymore, BUT Lowell General is such a better hospital!! floor and room nurses are friendlier, rooms are cleaner, etc.. Theres an auditorium there (located in the hospital) where our meetings will be (they're continuing to have them on the same days as they always were at Saints)... see you over there
jcl1114
on 7/9/06 12:02 pm - Derry, NH
I am a paitent at saints memorial hospitial. I am scedualed to have surgury (tenatively july 25 2006) pending approvel by Insurance Co. I have spoken to Jenny several times and she never mentioned the move. thanks for the info , I am going to call tommorrow and see what is up. on another note I do hope that LGH is better I was not to thrilled with saints when I had my sleep study.
crteacher
on 7/9/06 2:26 pm - Salem, NH
They were being quiet about it until it became official. Christine just told me about it verbally last week in my pre op meeting. She was drafting the letter to send. Lowell General is giving them their own building that is brand new, an excersice physiologist and much more. They are making it a priority for them. Good news for us and the staff.
~ Stylz ~
on 7/9/06 9:30 pm - North of Boston, MA
I think we'll all be happy to be at Lowell General. Parking is still in a garage that fills up, but nothing like the parking issues we experience at Saints!! Nice that they'll have their own building, can't wait!!
mummadukes
on 7/10/06 5:46 am - On the Beach, WA
I just heard of this today at my first appointment. It sounds like you think this is a good move so that pleases me. I am wondering what you think of the program as a whole and Dr. Shore. I look forward to hearing more about everyones experience.
~ Stylz ~
on 7/10/06 1:09 pm - North of Boston, MA
Dr. Shore is a FANTASTIC doctor!! The biggest reason I picked her was because of her training in Boston and her extra studies pertaining to bariatric surgery in Boston. The more I learned about the program and her, the more I was certain I made the right decision! One thing I like about Dr. Shore is her thoroughness. She takes precaution steps with everything (I felt a pain in my chest, probably from drinking too fast, but Dr. Shore scheduled me for an upper GI just to make sure there were no problems and of course, there weren't). Shes got a great bedside mannor, she stopped in to see me twice on Monday (surgery day), twice on Tuesday and Wednesday morning when I was released. She was explained how things went in surgery to my mom who waited at the hospital during surgery, she also explained discharge information to me and then my mother on a seperate visit. I started my journey with Dr. Drinkwaters program in Nashua. I didn't get far in to it before the program closed. I honestly think that was a sign, because to me, the program at Saints is great! The support staff they have is there for you when you have a question or concern about anything (the program, your surgery pre or post-op, nutrition, psych, medically related, insurance related, office related, etc). They have support groups every week but 1 a month that are there for people that want it. They encourage you to go, but don't force or start calling you 100 times if you weren't at a meeting. I'm almost 4 months out now and still feel 100% confident that I chose the right doctor and the right program! if you want to talk or ask more direct questions about the program or Dr. Shore, by all means, email me by the way, there are 2 support group meetings tomorrow one at 1:00-2:00 and the other from 6:00-7:00. Its the same topic, but they have 2 meetings to accomidate people that work nights or find it easier to go during the day. I'll be at the 1:00 meeting incase anyone is going, be sure to say
mummadukes
on 7/10/06 11:22 pm - On the Beach, WA
Thank you so very much. Your confidence in Dr. Shore and the program makes me feel like I have taken a positive first step in this journey towards better health. I have gone to 3 support groups already, but go at night. My tests have been postponed due to the move, but Christine didn't think it would slow down my date since Lowell General is making this program a priority for them. Sounds like good news!!!
E. T
on 7/10/06 6:11 am - Manchester, NH
Wow, thanks for the update, I have an appointment with Jenny tomorrow and with Dr. Jiser on Friday, hopefully will get a surgery date. Interestingly, I also see the pulmonologist located at Lowell General tomorrow, so have to find my way from Manchester.
~ Stylz ~
on 7/10/06 9:15 am - North of Boston, MA
Ellen- theyre right down the street from each other. If you're going to Saints first, take a left out of the parking garage, right on to the main road (E. Merrimack st), right at the first traffic light (bridge street), left at the second traffic light (vfw highway). Follow that and you'll see a sign for Lowell General (Varnum ave, i think). If you're going to LGH first take the first Tyngsboro exit (I think its 35) off Rte. 3. Circle around and take a right. Go through the first light and at the second light, take a right, thats 110 (turns into VFW highway). The hospital will be down on your left (Varnum ave, i think). Are you going to the support group meeting at 1 by chance at Saints? If you are, I'll be there
E. T
on 7/11/06 9:17 pm - Manchester, NH
Thanks again for the directions of course I got them after I did the drive but I had to make two trips to Lowell yesterday as one appt was at 8am and the other at 3pm. I had a difficult time getting an appt with the pulmonology group, they changed my appt three times and so I took the early one yesterday just so I could get it in. I also had a meeting in Concord, NH for work at 10, and another appt at 4:30 in Nashua, I felt like a yoyo. I did really like Dr. Lin, he was very helpful and explained things to me and liked the technology he was using compared to what I saw at SMMC. Plus it turned out he had served his residency with my cardiologist from Nashua. He asked to be remembered to her. I did get my letter and Jenny explained the move, they will be located one door down from the pulmonology office, easy to find and park. I don't attend the support group during the day as I work fulltime, I attend at night. Have gone four times now. Jenny said I've finished all they have asked and she plans to discuss my case with the group, I think insurance approval is next. They told me to call next thursday, if I didn't receive a call. Crossing my fingers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views