4 months out but.......

mitakuulu
on 7/3/06 11:57 am - west boylston, MA
Hello all........I had my surgery on 06 March, so I'm now 4 months out. I don't have problems with too many foods. I tried a hamburger (w/out roll) tonight. It stayed down for about 1/2hr. What causes the foam when things don't stay down? Guess I won't be having hamburgers again soon.........
SteveApril45
on 7/5/06 9:57 pm - frostburg, MD
Hi Lynn It is to early for you to be eating hambugers or hotdogs ar anything like that.It was over a year before I could eat that kind of food without getting sick.Not sure about the foam,call your Dr.I hope you have a great day and drink your water.......luv steve
mitakuulu
on 7/7/06 11:23 pm - west boylston, MA
Hi Stephen.........thanks so much for your reply. Guess I won't be trying hamburger for several more months! It's so nice to just be able to submit a question here and get some answers from people who have been through the same thing!! I had surgery 06 Mar. w/ Dr. Kelly and so far have lost 45lbs. Sounds like you have done really well with the surgery and your determination! How long was it before you actually did try hamburger, steak, etc? Thanks for your help....lynn
SteffieBear15
on 7/6/06 2:25 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Lynn.... foam production happens when you either ate too much, take too big of a bite, or do not chew well enough. Eventually things will pass but hambruger can be very hard to pass through the pouch. Wait a few months before attempting again and make sure you chew very very well and take small bites. This will most likely not be your last episode of foaming! Hugs, Stef
mitakuulu
on 7/7/06 11:27 pm - west boylston, MA
Hi Stef.......... Thanks for your reply. It was probably that the hamburger was a lot drier than what I have been eating! Won't be trying that again too soon. Generally, I haven't had too mkany problems.....but it's just when I try something like this that's either too soon to try, or if I get over hungry and tend to eat something too fast. That picture of you is beautiful! How long ago was your surgery? lynn
SteffieBear15
on 7/8/06 11:37 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Lynn, Thank you for your kind words!!! I had my surgery 5/31/05...one of the ebst decisions I have ever made!!! Best wishes to you! Hugs, Stef
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views