Considering lap band - length of stay question

rimom
on 7/2/06 12:19 am - Barrington, RI
I'm considering Dr. Hess @ Boston Medical Center. I'm curious as to how long the post-op stays were. Has anyone not had general anesthesia? (spinal?) Has anyone been discharged the same day as surgery? Thanks for your help!
Kim G.
on 7/2/06 8:08 am - West Springfield, MA
Dawn, I'm in the western part of the state so I can only tell you what I was told. The lap-band is a day stay surgery around here. I had RNY so I was in for 2 days and I, of course, did had general anesthesia. The surgeon should be able to answer all your questions when you go in for a consultation. Good luck! Blessings, Kim
Lynn C
on 7/2/06 11:39 am
Hi, Had mine done at BIDMC and as far as I know everyone uses general anesthesia. My surgery was in the early afternoon and required a one night stay (they do a barium swallow the next day to check for placement and leaks). I was released to go home about 28 hours after surgery. Good luck, Lynn Banded 9/12/05 300/212/140
Beth1019
on 7/4/06 10:15 pm - Marlboro, MA
I had my band done on June 22nd at UMass Memorial - it would have been day surgery but I have sleep apnea and this requires an overnight stay. I was out by noon the next day and back to work on Monday morning. It wasn't bad at all.
jenlaur1
on 7/6/06 1:26 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13
I had my surgery in the early a.m. and was discharged around 5 that afternoon..only because I had alot of nausea and the doc wanted to make sure I was going to stop before I'd leave. I was put under general anesthesia..I think most if not all patients are. Good luck to you and take care. Cathy
auntyre
on 7/13/06 11:11 am - Braintree, MA
Dawn am in the process of getting lap band surgery... date scheduled for 9/6... love Dr Hess met with him quite a few times and very very approachable... great staff... so far everything seems to be going well... they like to keep you at least overnite to be sure everything is ok... I will let you know how I make out..... I started this process about 6 mos ago and he is very thorough and I feel very comfortable doing the lap band as opposed to the bypass... good luck and I will keep y ou posted as to my progress.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views