New to forum & just had surgery

Kim G.
on 7/1/06 8:18 am - West Springfield, MA
Hi all! My name is Kim and I had RNY surgery at Mercy Hospital in Springfield on Monday, June 26th. I was amazed at how quickly they forced me out of bed but I understood why. The surgeon, hospital, and staff were so wonderful to me. It was a positive experience. Have most people on the forum already had their surgery or are pre-op? Blessings, Kim
NicoleC
on 7/1/06 11:48 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
HI Kim and welcome! I'm glad your surgery went well. There is a good mix of pre and post ops on this board. I am having my surgery on July 25th at Newton-Wellesly hospital. Thanks for introducing yourself and I wish you continued good health! Nicole
Kim G.
on 7/2/06 8:04 am - West Springfield, MA
Thanks Nicole (my daughter's name, BTW)! I'm recovering nicely. I went grocery shopping today. That was interesting. I read every label before it went into my carriage. Good luck with your surgery! Blessings, Kim
sandisoh
on 7/2/06 2:13 pm - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi Kim. I am so glad things are going well. What types of food are you eating already? I have my surgery coming up July 17th (whoo hooo) I am extremely excited, not nervous about anything except gaining any weight before surgery. I feel so blessed to have this tool - I feel almost overwhelmed with how incredibly well everyone is doing .< < Sandi
Kim G.
on 7/3/06 10:51 am - West Springfield, MA
Hi Sandi, I picked up sugar free jello & pudding - needed something for the taste buds - plus cottage cheese, egg substitute, Carnation Instant Breakfast, and popsicles. I also bought applesauce (unsweetened) and lite peach slices to puree. I've got chicken (canned) and tuna in the house already plus veggies that will be easy to puree like squash and green beans. It's trial and error though. I made a small amount of egg substitute with a tiny amount of shredded cheese for flavor. I think it was the equivalent of one egg. I couldn't fini**** and it caused horrible gas pains. I think it was the cheese. I'll have to find another way to flavor it. I'm not sure how I feel about pureeing chicken & tuna either but I'll try it. It's only for 2 weeks. I am still using CIB for protein and probably will for a few more days as I figure out what I can tolerate. Good luck with your surgery. The recovery hasn't been that bad. Kim
Dderosier
on 7/4/06 2:58 am - Worcester, MA
Your program only makes you do the blended diet for 2 weeks after surgery?
Kim G.
on 7/24/06 9:56 am - West Springfield, MA
Sorry for the delay in replying. We had a liquid diet for the first week and then the soft pureed foods for 2 or 3 weeks depending on how we felt. I tried more solids right at the 3 week mark and had to slow it down a bit. I ate salad today and it was no problem. Namaste, Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views