A Huge Favor for the "Men of OH?"

Dx E
on 6/24/06 4:25 am - Northern, MS
Hey Massachusetts! In an attempt to move beyond simple "hearsay" and anecdotal information, I'm hoping to gather a large base of 'observational information' from the Bariatric Community. For the "Full Story" of what this is aimed at, checkout- http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/action,replies/board_id,4856/topic_id,2587771/cat_i d,4456/a,messageboard/ Thanks for your time....... _____________________________________________________ A Huge Favor for the "Men of OH?" If you have the opportunity, Please help by copy/pasting this survey into a word file and printing. Take it with you to your next meeting with your Bariatric Surgeon or even the Clinic, and ask if they could provide any answers. Then, Copy past back into this Thread ---http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/action,replies/board_id,4856/topic_id,2650001/cat_i d,1416/a,messageboard/ So that the results can be "harvested" and Compiled for future statistical data base of Observations. Eventually the overall statistics will be made available as a posting here for all to utilize. I'm doing a "mass e-mail" to the Docs listed with OH. Thank you All So Much in Advance! __________________________________________________ Survey of Male/Female Differences as Regards to Aspects of Bariatric Surgery: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: General information- (all replies are confidential and will be used only in compiling Data base of "General Observations.") Answers provided by- Dr.? _____ / Clinic Representative?_____ City/State of Practice?______________/____________ Years Performing Bariatric Surgery?________ Types of Procedures Performed: RNY Open_____ RNY Lap_____ Lap-Band_____ DS_____ VBG_____ Other_____ Rough approximation of number of procedures a year_________ ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: What percentage of your patients are Male?____________ (or estimation, check one-) Less than 10%___ / 10% to 20%___ / 20% to 30%___ 30% to 50%___ / More than 50%___ Answer the following as - Strongly Agree -(5) / Somewhat Agree -(4) / Agree -(3) Somewhat Disagree -(2) / Strongly Disagree -(1) / No Observation - (0) _____ 1.) A Larger percentage of my Male patients are Less Compliant With Dietary Protocols Than my Female Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 2.) A Larger percentage of my Male patients are More Motivated towards Exercise than my Female Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 3.) A Larger percentage of my Male patients reach "Goal Weights" Sooner than my Female Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 4.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients Maintain "Goal Weights" Better than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 5.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients have difficulty with Calcium Levels than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 6.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients have difficulty with Iron Levels than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 7.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients have some difficulties with Nutrition / 'Lab-Work' in general than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 8.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients take a more active role In educating themselves about the Bariatric Procedure than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 9.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients present more Co-Morbidities Prior to Surgery than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ _____ 10.) A Larger percentage of my Female patients experience post-operative Complications than my Male Patients. approx. % of Men? _____ / approx. % of Women?_____ ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: In General, What would you rank as the TOP 5 Most Observable Differences Seen in how Women and Men differ as to regards to Bariatric Surgery? What would you rank as the Seen in how Women and Men differ as to regards to Bariatric Surgery? (Place (1) for Most Observed, (2) for Second Most, etc...) _____Level of Pre-Operative Anxiety _____Level of Pre-Operative Preparedness _____Number/Severity of Pre-Operative Co-Morbidities _____Level of Post-Surgical Depression _____Self-Esteem issues related to Obesity _____Post-Operative Exercise Program _____Post-Operative Diet _____Utilization of Support Group/s _____Later Plastic Surgery Needs _____Calcium Deficiency Issues Post-Operatively _____Iron Deficiency Issues Post-Operatively _____B-12 Deficiency Issues Post-Operatively _____Low Albumin Levels Post-Operatively _____General Nutritional Issues Post-Operatively _____Improvement of Sleep Apnea Post-Operatively _____Improvement of Blood Pressure Post-Operatively _____Improvement of Diabetes Post-Operatively _____Improvement of Mobility Post-Operatively _____Improvement of Depression Issues Post-Operatively _____General Compliance with Post-Operative Protocols _____Other? (comments-______________________________ ___________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________ In General Rating/Ranking, Based on your Observations- Answer the following if you have noticed, or perceived a difference. 1.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are Quicker to reach "Goal Weight?" 2.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are Better at Maintaining "Goal Weight?" 3.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Show more Dramatic Health benefits? 4.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are Less likely to Present Surgical Complications? 5.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are Less likely to Present Post-Operative Nutritional Complications? 6.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Appear to be More knowledgeable about their Procedure? 7.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are More Likely to be Compliant Patients? 8.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are More Likely to Develop Hernias Post-Operatively? 9.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Are Less likely to have Post-Operative Plastic Surgery Needs? 10.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Tend to be Older overall when seeking Bariatric Procedure? 11.)Men_____ or Women _____ 50/50 _____ Tend to be riskier candidates due to health when seeking Bariatric Procedure? ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Any Quick Observation as to a major difference in Men and Women As it relates to Weight-Loss Surgery? _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ Thank you So very much for your Time and input. __________________________________________________ Survey of Male/Female differences as regards to aspects of Bariatric Surgery: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: That's it Folks! I'll have a Completed one loaded into the "Response" Thread soon- Best Wishes- Dx
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views