Dr. Fiallo/Haag , anyone have any experiece with either of them?

Renee K.
on 6/21/06 5:56 am - Valatie, NY
Hello all! I'm new to this board. Living just over the border in NY and will be going to the information night tomorrow. My surgeon in NY had to stop doing the surgery as the hospital he is affiliated with has dropped the bariatric program due to high cost of insurance. I have ALL of the pre-op done and this office won't schedule me with the surgeon until I attend this meeting. I'm a little frustrated with that, as I'm ready to submit this to insurance for approval... having to learn some patients I guess. Anyone having concerns with the office staff or these surgeons? I'm hoping to have the Lap RNY. Renee
orchidsprite
on 6/22/06 2:17 am - indian orchard, MA
Hi Renee, Both surgeons seem very well educated; I was scheduled with Dr. Haatg and I cannot say enough great things about him. I had Lap Band put in 10/23/05...I started at 310# and I'm currently down to 190# Appt for fills sometimes take a week, cuz this whole Lap band is taking off like a rocket, so there are lots of patients. It's convenient, easy to get to. Dr. Haag follow-up is awesome. He allways makes sure your okay B4 youleave, and tells you to call him if you have ANY problems. He does surgery at Baystate. Kudos to the Doc, he is awesome...so gentle, kind and caring! If you have any ?...feel free to e-mail me @ [email protected] Good Luck to you! Katie
AmyinMA
on 7/17/06 11:02 am - Springfield, MA
Hi Renee, I am having lap RNY with Dr. Fiallo on 8/31/06. I have met with him twice. Liked him both times. I met with other surgeons in the area & I liked him the best. I don't know if this is standard, but what I liked about Fiallo is that he has Dr Haag assist in his surgeries. It makes me feel better to know that there will be another surgeon there versus a surgical resident! I first looked into LGP in 2004. I had all my consults & support group meeting completed at Comprehensive Weight Management at Mercy in 2004. However, when I actually decided to go for it this year, my insurance no longer covered the program at Mercy. When I first went back to Dr. Fiallo they were going to make me do everthing all over again. I explained to them I had already done everything in 2004 and they were fine with that. I had my records from Mercy faxed to them. I think the name of the surgical coordinater in the office is Cheryl. You could try calling her to ask. Good luck :wave:
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views