Need a supportive Primary Care doc....

bvom
on 6/19/06 8:26 am - CT
Hi guys - I don't post here very often - not in quite a while, actually. It took me a very long time to get approved for the surgery and then 2 weeks before I was scheduled, I found out my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. It's taken me a few months to accept that and start looking forward. One thing I really do need however is a Primary Care Physician that doesn't...well...suck. :p My previous doctor got married and moved out of state...she was replaced but I don't like the new doctor at ALL. She is very judgemental/cold/short/unsupportive of anything I try to do. Does anyone know of any PCPs that are personable, helpful and easy to talk to? I'd love a doctor that is willing to listen to me as a person and not just check my blood pressure and tell me to lose weight. Thanks in advance!
txbunny930
on 6/19/06 11:47 pm - MA
I love my PCP. She takes the time to talk and "listen" to you. You're never rushed. I know you're in Burlington but she's in Medford, 101 Main St. Her name is Cristina Holt and only there on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. She works with you to help you. It's hard to find someone you can trust these days. Good luck.
SteffieBear15
on 6/20/06 9:37 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
I also have a wonderful PCP on Beacon St in Brookline...she is totally cool with me having had WLS ( I came to her afterward) and she is young and nice. Her name is Katherine Dallow and her practice is affiliated with Beth Isreal (one of the best all around Hosps in Boston). Good luck with your search!!!
bvom
on 6/20/06 10:34 pm - CT
Thank you both so much! Looks like I have some phonecalls to make this morning.... Anyone else have any suggestions?
Peridot
on 6/21/06 11:00 am - Somerville, MA
My PCP is Melissa Zorn at Winchester Family Health Center in Wilmington. She's very personable. Peridot
kimby5619
on 6/22/06 9:13 am - Framingham, MA
Hey there, I hope you are get ting some good info! Well, my pcp is Elisabeth Bassler out of Beth Isreal, which is also where I'm going through for my WLS, she is wonderful, very friendly and supportive, and wants to be very involved with the whole process! Her office is in Needham, MA
Kim S.
on 6/24/06 1:17 pm - North of Boston, MA
My PCP is Dr. Alain Chaoui in Peabody. He is young, knowledgeable and always takes the time to listen to you and figure out what's best for YOU. After working with me on different ways to lose weight we agreed surgery was the next logical step. He asked me to give him a couple of weeks to do some research and came back with a recommendation for a doctor and type of surgery. He has been a great help with any and all medical issues. His is a general practice and he sees the whole family, including the kids and we've been very happy with him. Good Luck, Kim
safer232
on 6/27/06 12:02 am - Marblehead, MA
Hi Kim, Where did you have your surgery? What doctor? I am moving from FL at the end of Sept and I already had my surgery, actually a day after you and I will need a new doc up there, either north shore or boston. Thanks Sara
Kim S.
on 6/27/06 8:55 am - North of Boston, MA
I used Dr. Ashley Vernon at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. It's not far, distance wise from the North Shore but traffic can be a bear. However, they have an excellent program and a great support group and it is well worth the time it takes to get in town. The lapband support group meets the second Tuesday of every month, and Dr. Vernon does a fill clinic just before the support group. Come on in and check us out! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views