Newbie looking for information

sourdosweetie
on 6/18/06 1:26 am - Plymouth, MA
Hi Everyone, I recentley found this message board and find the postings so informative. I am a 'newbie' currently at the information gathering stage. I am 42 years old, 5'3'' and weigh between 228 and 230 lb with a BMI of just over 40 lbs. I am married and have a 12 year old son. I have been battleing my weight all of my life with little success. I am planning on attending the information seminar on Lap banding at at the Brigham and Woman's hospital next week. If anyone has any information or advice they would like to pass on, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I will be going through Dr. Ashley Venon's office (hopefully) and if anyone has any experience with her or her staff, that too would be valuable to me. Congratualtions to all of you! As a fellow weight 'challanged' person, I know all too well the physical and emotional issues associated with being overweight and I celebrate your courage and successes!! My hope is to join you in the near future!! Thanks- Donna
Caeli B.
on 6/20/06 1:26 am - Boston, MA
Hi Donna! I had my band placed by Dr. Vernon (whom I absolutely LOVE by the way!) in October 2004 and I haven't had a moment's regret. My band is the best thing I ever did for myself, my health and my self esteem. I will be attending the 6/27 info session as a post-op available to answer questions. Please stop by and introduce yourself. I'd also encourage you to come to our next lap band support group on July 11th (2nd Tuesday of every month) from 6-8 in the Bayles Conference Room. Besides being a mandatory component of the program, attending a support group is a great way to hear the variety of post-op experiences from people who are actually living it. Best of luck in your journey! Caeli 348/323/248/198 5'10"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views