Will be moving to MA soon

Bariatric Bella
on 6/8/06 10:43 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Hey everyone. I am an Air Force wife and had my RNY on Nov 2nd 2005. I am currently in California but have been told that I will be at Hanscom AFB by November the latest. Is there any support groups in the area or on the base. Also I am a facilitator for WLS support groups is there enough of us to have a group there on the base? Any info would help. Originally from Washington State so the East coast will be a new one for me. Amy 304/219/180
SteffieBear15
on 6/8/06 11:59 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
As far as i know Hanscom is pretty small. However, the support group at my surgeon's office (newton Wellesley Hosp) is open to anybody. The hospital is not far from there. Welcome to Mass (when you get here!!!) Hugs, Stef
SHELBSTER
on 6/9/06 12:25 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Stef, I noticed in this response that you said your meetings at Newton Wellesley Hospital are open to all. I had my surgery at the Brigham two weeks ago and find it hard to make their meetings. When are the meetings at NWH? What day and what time. I live much closer to NWH so I would love to try to make one of those. Thanks Amy
SteffieBear15
on 6/9/06 10:50 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Amy... General meeting at the first Thursday and 3rd Tues of the Month. If you go to their website www.newtonwellesleywls.com there is a list of scheduled meetings. The begin at 6:30. We have other BWH patients who come to our meetings too. Look forward to seeing you there!!!
donnafc
on 6/9/06 5:25 am - Lowell, MA
Hi Amy and welcome to the area. The Weight Management Center out of Lowell Mass. has meetings on Tuesday 6-7 Post op only meetings are on the Third Tuesday. I believe the 2nd and 4th are for everyone. It is held at Sts Memorial hospital and we usually have a great crowd. There are a bunch of groups around and I don't know of one being any better than the other. Good luck donna 281/173/143
BobMcGee
on 6/16/06 9:27 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Hi Amy, I'm not sure what the regulations are, but I've been a member of the Obesity Consult Center ****) at New England-Tufts Medical Center (NEMC) since March 2004. I had lapband surgery there on 7/13/04. The staff is wonderful as is the support we give each other. There are large support groups 2x a month (1st and 3rd) and small support groups (15 or fewer) that charge a fee. We also have two online communities on YAHOO where we converse. If you're interested, give them a call, or email me and I'll see what I can found out for you. Bob
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 685 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2255 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4443 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4577 views