I have a Date-Finally

robbie33
on 6/2/06 6:37 am - Western, MA
Hi everyone, I have been waiting for my insurance company and guess what. I was approved! I have a date for August 11th. It seems so far away but at least I have a actual date. Now I can start getting nervous. I am having the band put on at Baystate Medical with Dr. Fiallo. Does anyone have any advice? Also, I am going on vacation the week before surgery. Does he have any special diet the week before? Thanks! Robin
Hondurian Queen
on 6/3/06 1:40 am - BOSTON, MA
congratulations
txbunny930
on 6/3/06 10:40 am - MA
August will be here before you know it. Congrats. Call Dr. Fiallo's office and see what they have to say about the diet before your banding. It's always best to get the info from his office. If is practice works with a nutri, the nutri would be able to advise you better. Again, congrats!!!!! Woo Hoo for you. Lorraine
Doober-96
on 6/5/06 8:14 pm - Chicopee, MA
Congratulations Robin!! I had my gastric by Dr. Hagg in Nov 2005 and have lost just about 125 pounds........Dr. Haag is an associate of Dr. Fiallo, I've heard good things about Fiallo. Doc Haag was great, took really good care of me pre- and post op. I can't help you with the banding aspect but BSMC was fairly good to me...no real issues. Good Luck and be prepared to start your new life as a loser!!!!! WOO HOO! My advice- BE HAPPY!!!!! Debi aka~doober-96 Pellerin
orchidsprite
on 6/6/06 5:31 am - indian orchard, MA
Hi Robin! Dr. Haag did my surgery in Sept 23, 2005...he is fantastic! I orginally met with Dr. Fiallo, but he was booked and Haag had an opening so I went with him....not a complaint in the book...and coming from me....that's high honors! I have lost 117# in 8 months....20# away from my goal. August 11th is a lucky day...my 2yr old nieces Birthday! Good Luck, any questions...feel free to e-mail me~! Dr. Haag gave me no specific instructions...they do encourage you to try and lose a few pounds and start making adjustments...but he never insisted on a # of pounds to be lost or surgery won't happen (other Dr,'s do this).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 685 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2255 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4443 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4577 views