EXERCISE RIGHT AFTER SURGERY

sandisoh
on 5/27/06 1:16 pm - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi there! I should be having my surgery on July 17th. !!! Now, I have the opportunity to join the YMCA for a Summer Program, 3 months for $99, whi*****ludes Water Aerobic classes, which is what I am looking for. Does anyone know if I can do water Aerobics right after surgery (within 2 weeks post op?) I should be asking the surgeon, but I am supposed to sign up this coming Wednesday or the following, for the "Y" but I wanted to hear what others are saying!! thanks sandi M.
~ Stylz ~
on 6/4/06 1:11 pm - North of Boston, MA
good question Sandi. I would deffinately call the place where youre having surgery as everyone is different. Even if you ask the receptionist or nurse the question. I'd think after a couple weeks you probably could, but they might say no because of the chlorine in the pool. I would think it would also depend if you come home with a drain or feeding tube (which some people do). best to make a call! I wish I could find the same deal in my area! I LOVE the pool and have been at a gym for 3 years that doesn't have one. I want to find a place I can swim but not pay the price of another gym membership :\ good luck ps- your surgery is the day after my bday, Ill be thinkin of ya!
Bariatric Bella
on 6/8/06 10:51 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
You should ask you doctor about everything, but here is my opinion. For the first six weeks you are at a risk for blood clots. So walk as much as you can. But I would take it easy for at least two to four weeks after surgery. The mesentery( sorry for spelling) tissues is very fragile after surgery adn you would not want to chance a hernia. This is major surgery hun. But of course I know that you know that. I am seven months out and work out all the time. I am working up to running without the girls( breasts) jumping up and down adn knocking the winfd out of me. I have a plan two sports bras over each other the second one is smaller than the first. It seems to work right now. Some people lose there chest with the weight loss but I just have alot of tissue. If you must go into the water take it easy anything you do after surgery helps your body just make sure you are not putting stress on it. Also make sure you get a medical bracelet or tell your intructor of what you just had for surgery in case something happens she can tell them of your recent operation. My doctor didnt have me doing any abdominal work till I was 6 weeks out then he said start slowly. I hope everythign goes well for you. Amy 304/219/180
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 685 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2255 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4443 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4577 views