What to expect from Dr. Fiallo???...

DramaQueenz
on 5/25/06 4:46 am - Patriots Nation, MA
Yeah! I got my referral, but sadly Fiallo doesn't do banding surgery on someone who's 17. I have to wait to get the process started until Nov., and should get surgery by my b-day in April! AWWWWWWWW!! What should I expect from him? I know I have to go to a seminar first, but what the heck do they talk about there. Do they talk about all WLS? Who has gotten surgery by him? Can you tell me what to expect from the process, and how it went?
orchidsprite
on 5/25/06 4:58 am - indian orchard, MA
Hi Nicole...I am a patient of Dr. Haag's. I had surgery in Sept 05. I was required to attend two seminars, a consultation with a psychiatrist and a appt with a nutritionalist. You can have the process started now as it usually takes about 6 months to complete with all the appts. One my process was complete, my insurance approved me in 24hours!!!!!!!!!! The only concern you may have is you need a minimum of 5 years proof of weight loss attempts thru a Doctor, you are so young...Have you been seeing a phsician regularly about your weight? If not, start now and get it documented. I am 41 years old, my surgery was the best thing I ever did. I lost 114# in six months. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me @ [email protected]. Good Luck, look forward to looking for your posts!! KiKi
DramaQueenz
on 5/25/06 5:13 am - Patriots Nation, MA
I have documentation for 9 years. I've been seeing docs about my weight prob, since I've been 8. Have my first BMI when I was 12, and so on. So I'm all set. Yup. I've been on diet pills prescribed by my doc, and everything. So no worries over that. The receptionist told me it'll take 6 months also so that's why I have to start in Nov.
orchidsprite
on 5/25/06 5:52 am - indian orchard, MA
Seems like your on the ball...honestly, I don't know your health conditions...but you really don't look "heavy" in your pic! Wish you lots of luck!!!!!!!!! KiKi
MLONG
on 5/26/06 3:49 am - Wales , MA
Dr. FialloIS THE BEST I had surgery May 11, 2004 and I am a size XS now and can wear childerns clothing Do what he says and all will be good I was a size 26 Take care and be good to you Maryann
DramaQueenz
on 5/26/06 6:23 am - Patriots Nation, MA
I have only a few medical probs associated with obesity. Actually, I guess my picture hides it. I'm almost 5"10 and weight 315.8 at 17.
bethanymchenry
on 8/10/06 12:34 pm - southampton, MA
hey honey the wait will be worth it i had gastric bypass 2 months ago since then i managed to detach my bowel and acouple staples oh yeah a stomach ulcer he is the best if you have any post op problems and are in er pls have them get him right away he saved my life all because of a violent migraine w/vomiting for 2 days god bless bethany
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 685 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2255 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4443 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4577 views