got my approval! yippeee!! but!!!!!!!!!!

tyork
on 5/22/06 1:45 pm - Warwick, RI
Well, I got my approval from the ins co. I am so jazzed about that, but on the same day I got my MRI results from my back and I am scared s***less. I am in so much pain. I am taking 2 vicadin every 4 hours( yikes, sometimes 3 every three.. its been unbearable) and that is barely taking the edge off the pain. My MRI showed a large synovial cyst on my spine at L5, pressing on the root siatica nerve, and narrowing the canal, Also a bludging disc. From what I have been reading it looks like spinal surgery. My PCP called me and wanted my WLS's fax # to send her the results. He thinks I should wait for the WLS surgery , says it will be too much for me to handle the pain of both. I am hoping the surgeon doesn't think so, I don't want to wait. waaaaahhh. I have an appt wed with an accupunturist, and thurs with my ortho surgeon. I am hoping there is something one of them can do to temporarily relieve the pain so I can keep my 5-31 WLS surgery date. I KNOW i'll be able to handle the back surgery better once I've lost weight. For all of you that have already gone though a RNY, is there ALOT of pain for more than a couple days after the surgery? Looks like I'll be able to have it lapriscopicly also... anyone have any suggestions on what to do about the back thing? lol, It can only get better right????geezz im a mess pray for me please... and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Trish
Dave_K
on 5/24/06 9:52 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi Trish! You're in my prayers! In my experience and my wife's experience, most of the lap RNY surgery pain subsides after about 5 days. Be thankful that you are on the road to wellness! Dave K 317/178/178
baker1
on 5/25/06 12:22 pm - NORTH HAMPTON, NH
Hi trish, about your back I know I had alot of problems with #5 and coritzone and then finally accupunture it gave me instant relief and I was taken about 6 vicidin a day plus anything I could get my hands on. RNY is painful from what I've been told and seen and very invasive what about lap-band almost painless and people that I know are up and moving quite abit after 24hours. I would ask the Dr. About that instead of cancelling the RNY and especially the weigh loss would seem like it would help your back. Good luck,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 685 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2255 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4443 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4577 views