Need advice

Mindy_W
on 10/26/15 6:26 pm

I had Lap Band surgery about 6 yrs ago in Northern VA (I now live in MD) and I've been miserable ever since. The last few months have been the worse. I can barely eat, the pain is excruciating when I do eat followed by vomiting. This week I can't seem to drink liquids as well. It's effecting my life both at home and work. I'm at the end of the road with this...I can't take it and I don't know what to do. Advice? Thanks!

ladygodiva1228
on 10/27/15 4:40 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On October 27, 2015 at 1:26 AM Pacific Time, Mindy_W wrote:

I had Lap Band surgery about 6 yrs ago in Northern VA (I now live in MD) and I've been miserable ever since. The last few months have been the worse. I can barely eat, the pain is excruciating when I do eat followed by vomiting. This week I can't seem to drink liquids as well. It's effecting my life both at home and work. I'm at the end of the road with this...I can't take it and I don't know what to do. Advice? Thanks!

Not to scare you, but you need to get to a bariatric surgeon NOW or the ER. Do not wait. It sounds to me like it could be a few different things to much saline in the band, you may have developed scar tissue around the band, your band could have slipped or your band could have eroded into your stomach.

With the pain happening recently I personally would rule out to much saline unless you had a fill in the last few months.

Please get help ASAP as I have seen bad things happen when people wait to get their bands checked or removed.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Mindy_W
on 10/27/15 7:34 am

Thank you for your response. It's definitely not due to a fill. I barely have any saline in my band because of how sick I use to get.

I havent seen my Surgeon in about 3 years. I think I will go to the ER today....I just want this thing out of me and to feel normal again. Thanks again.

sheriberi29
on 10/27/15 5:32 pm - Cleveland, TN

You have to try to find an emergency room ( prefererbly one that performs bariatric surgery ) . Have you recently had any fills ? Do you currently still visit your dr that performed your band surgery ?

If this has happens suddenly, you could have irritated your stomach ... There are so many possibilities of what could be happening .

I hope that you get help soon.

Please update

Hislady
on 11/1/15 8:51 pm - Vancouver, WA

I hope you did indeed get into the ER because I know several people who within hours of death because of their bands! Had they not gone to the ER they would have died and no one should have to pay that price for the damn lap band!!

Most Active