Major lap band complication

hollykim
on 7/20/15 6:25 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
monymony
on 7/20/15 9:36 am

I totally agree with Hislady. This is a medical emergency and needs to be removed or fixed. The hospital and doctor have to take care of this regardless of ability to pay. Your daughter can get into serious trouble if this isn't taken care of. Let us know what happens. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

hollykim
on 7/20/15 6:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 20, 2015 at 9:36 AM Pacific Time, monymony wrote:

I totally agree with Hislady. This is a medical emergency and needs to be removed or fixed. The hospital and doctor have to take care of this regardless of ability to pay. Your daughter can get into serious trouble if this isn't taken care of. Let us know what happens. Mona

the hospital has to do the surgery,IF it is life threatening when she is seen in the er. The doctor does NOT have to do the surgery if he chooses not to. 

AmyDee123
on 7/20/15 8:06 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I'm still stuck on the original doctor swearing there is no way his band could have slipped!  I'm sorry but that is pure bull**** and someone needs to stand up to that man!  The arrogance that a surgeon could sit there and claim that a tool that is KNOWN for slipping and moving no matter who places it would not magically under his guidance is pompous and insane.

That being said, it needs to be removed as soon as possible.  I don't see why insurance would not cover, no matter what item is being removed, when there is a broken piece of medical instrument inside of her just moving around.  That is life threatening, and should be fully covered.  I wish you and your family well, and I really hope they are able to remove it without issue.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Most Active