I'm new here ! So please bare with me

crystal M.
on 6/1/15 10:06 am - Joliet, IL

I have been banded for 6 years and have lost 185 lbs.  I have done well with my band.  It has been a lot of hard work.  Don't think it's the end of struggling.  I struggle to eat healthy and ignore the voices in my head that tell me to eat bad foods and lay around and watch TV.  I struggle to not let myself slide into old habits...that led me to obesity to begin with. 

Just like Kate, I don't keep my band so tight that I can't eat.  I feel my success has come from me not tightening my band unnecessarily, cutting out junk food and fast food and exercise.  This is how I lost and maintained.  I have not had McDonalds or soda in over six years.  The band will help you lose weight if you are willing to work at it.  That has been my experience.  My band has been good to me.  I haven't had any problems.  I only have to go in now for a yearly check up. 

Clearly there are people the band failed and visa versa.  Ultimately in the end the choice of what surgery to get is up to you...after research and many conversations with your WLS doctor.

Good luck

Most Active