lap band removal scheduled for next Wed 4/15/15

Denise M.
on 4/14/15 5:51 am

Doing a happy dance for you that tomorrow is the big day--hope all goes smoothly!!!

glynn79
on 4/15/15 11:31 pm - NJ

So I had the band removes yesterday.  Dr. Said he removed see scar tissue and everything else went well.  I was in some really bad pain last night but I feel much better today.  The pain was mainly around the port area.  I am officially on my road to healing!!!  My dr put me on clear liquids but he didn't specify how long although in recovery they told me to eat crackers to take the pain meds?  Lol. I feel fine on the inside its my port that is the worst...thank you all for your positive vibes.  

Karen D.
on 4/20/15 2:46 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Glad removal went well.  Did your doctor tell you how long you had to wait before revising to the sleeve?

I've been back and forth with this decision for 1 1/2 years.  I have been banded a long time, lost a lot, gained it all back and am refocusing on trying to work with the band but I struggle with food getting stuck and that feeling of it sitting in my throat.  I am losing so much slower this time when I'm working so much harder.  It's discouraging.  Not sure if the sleeve will help me.  My doc said if he revised it would be better to wait a few months after removal but could chance doing it all in one.

glynn79
on 4/20/15 3:21 pm - NJ

I struggled with the decision for a very long time myself.  My Dr wants me to wait 3 months but it will more than likely be 4 to 5 months  because I have to go through all the preop requirements which I have already started plus he said I had some scar tissue that he cut out and he wants me to be completely healed.  Some Dr's  will do revision at the same time as your removal but most want you to wait.  The band does some permanent disfigurement of your stomach So waiting seems to be the best decision for me....I'm excited though and I feel so much better mentally and physically now that the band is out

Kathy S.
on 4/20/15 4:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active