help in addition to lap-band

alyssabil_10
on 1/13/15 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I had weight loss surgery a year ago and was and still am successful. *knock on wood* However I was curious as to if anyone has done any other things besides using the lap-band like go to weigh****chers and use their plan or something along those lines? I was just curious if anyone has. I'm successful but was wondering if anyone has any supplements. 

Mell
on 1/14/15 1:04 am

I have gone back at times to a structured program, or my Fitness Pal and start tracking again, the thing I find is I cannot consume as many calories as they say I "should" we with WLS are different and our calories must be lower.

I tried slimquick but the it gave me heartburn and I worried about damaging my pouch. 

I am too sensitive to pills so never tried that.

Good Luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Kate -True Brit
on 1/14/15 2:52 am - UK
On January 14, 2015 at 9:04 AM Pacific Time, Mell wrote:

I have gone back at times to a structured program, or my Fitness Pal and start tracking again, the thing I find is I cannot consume as many calories as they say I "should" we with WLS are different and our calories must be lower.

I tried slimquick but the it gave me heartburn and I worried about damaging my pouch. 

I am too sensitive to pills so never tried that.

Good Luck

Actually many banded oeople eat around 1200 a day which is around the norm for programmes like Weigh****chers. Even when losing, I never went much below that. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 1/14/15 2:50 am - UK

Several people use programmes like Weigh****chers, just adjusting the plan to suit them.  Can see how the support and structure might work for some. 

I wouid never do anything like meal supplement or substitutes or take pills because that is what I got the band for - to get away from that diet mentality.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 1/14/15 3:44 am

When I was first banded, I decided on a 3-prong approach.

I physically had the Realize Band placed

I emotionally went to Weigh****chers meetings

I spiritually joined an on-line OA group

These 3 'legs' supported, encouraged and educated me in a way that none of them alone could have done.

I lost 130 pounds in 18 months --- with relative ease.

Kath

Dejah H.
on 1/15/15 6:12 am - Central, TX

I track my food with MyFitnessPal and my activity with RunKeeper. It helps to keep me on track with my weight and fitness goals. I have never used any supplements (other than my VitaBand vitamins). 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Most Active