Getting back on track

gerisw
on 1/13/15 6:12 am - Uzbekistan

I have had a lap band since July,2009.   I have regained almost all my weight back, about 40 pounds.  Not sure how to get back on track.   Any ideas?

Hislady
on 1/13/15 8:17 am - Vancouver, WA

That is actually quite common especially if you are eating slider foods because you can't get normal healthy foods down. You pretty much have 2 choices 1. go back to dieting eating protein first, then veg and finally if still hungry a healthy carb. 2. fet the band removed and get a surgery that actually works like the sleeve, RNY or DS. The band hasn't proved to be successful for a great many of us so you are not alone and it is most likely not your fault if the band isn't working.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/13/15 4:59 pm - UK

First of all, how is your fill level? Too loose and it doesn't help, too tight and it is too easy to report to high cal slider foods. 

If your fill level is OK, then all you can do is go back to eating properly! Sounds so easy but we all know it isn't!

start every meal with dense protein, then crunchy veggies, then carbs if room left.

dont graze.

if you need a snack, have a filling, healthy one

dont drink your calories

makes sure your portions sizes are correct.

Basically, remember how you lost those 40lbs and eat the way you did then! Some people find joining a club like Weigh****chers helps them. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active