Will this be your first New Year's Eve since WLS?

Kathy S.
on 12/30/14 1:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey Everyone,  

Happy New Year!  Will this be your first New Year's Eve celebration since your WLS?  Are you going out and taking pride in buying a little black dress?  Are you planning to party or stay at home and enjoy a nice quite evening?

My first New Year's Eve after losing my weight was special. I never when out, I was too fat and would sweat at the site of a room full of skinny's. I remember like it was yesterday. I went out and visited stores I never knew existed, tried on several dresses as I started out to large.  Ended up with a simple black dress in size 4.  I loved to dance but had not done so since I was in high school. We went to a nice hotel and I can't tell you how it felt to walk in the room and for the first time in my life I was not the "largest" person in the room. Yes, at 330 pounds I was always the largest in the room. It was a magically night, but more importantly I felt such pride in my success.

My husband's health has declined greatly since that night so we spend quite nights at home but I still toast my success and my WLS.

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

pineview01
on 1/7/15 11:33 am - Davison, MI

My husbands health is declining also.  I spend all my night at home now also.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active