Hello

sanunhead
on 11/20/14 11:10 pm

Hello all,

I am new here and am looking for advice. I had my surgery in Feb 2013. So far I have lost about four stone. I am really struggling at the moment. I don't know the best things to eat and I feel I'm alone trying to manage. Lately my stomach around the band area seems to be really bloated and swollen and feels tender. Its making me feel even worse. Is there anyone else who has similar problems?

Sarah xx

Kate -True Brit
on 11/21/14 12:33 am - UK

Hi. I assume from the comment about four stone, you are a Brit! I think I am one of maybe four or five Brits on here and probably the only banded one!

a couple of questions - when you say the area round the band feels tender, what exactly do you mean? When you swallow? Can't be to the touch as it is behind the ribs so I assume that is what you mean. If it is when you swallow, are you too tight? And the bloating - is that in the stomach area? I can't see how it can be round the band so maybe I have misunderstood you. 

What are you currently eating? My intake is basically very simple. Every meal I start with dense protein, then crunchy veggies, carbs if I have room. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 11/21/14 5:34 am - Vancouver, WA

Like Kate I;m not sure what part if the abdomen you are refering to can you describe it a bit more? Is it up  by your sternum or down by your belly button? In the center or off to one side? Let us know a little closer where it is located and we can give you a better idea what may be going on.

annie0039
on 11/24/14 10:49 am

Have you had an Endoscopy done recently,sounds like you might be having a problem with gastritis ? Which is common with ppl that are banded.

common symptoms include:
  • Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
  • Abdominal bloating
  • Abdominal pain
  • Vomiting
  • Indigestion
  • Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
  • Hiccups
  • Loss of appetite
  • Vomiting blood or coffee ground-like material
  • Black, tarry stools

good luck i hope you find an answer soon.

sanunhead
on 11/24/14 3:14 pm

Thank you all for your helpful replies x

I discovered the cause. I stupidly thought it was OK to eat lots of high sugar breakfast cereals. I gained weight, got extremely bloated etc x I quit eating them and 3 days later I've lost the gained weight and more and I feel really energetic and back to my normal self 

Most Active