LapBand Surgery in 2 days!

Bette B.
on 11/24/14 11:02 am

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

sanunhead
on 11/24/14 3:25 pm

I had a lap band fitted in Feb last year. Weight loss isn't as fast as I had hoped but I've lost about 5 stone (70 lbs). It was the best thing I did though as nearly two years on I am continuing to lose. Its at a steady pace but I know if I had not had the band I would be much bigger than I was before I had it. It gave me the needed loss to walk around and get lots of exercise. I walk 6 miles a day before I couldn't even manage a mile. When you have the band you'll have a period of regret because you are sore and on liquids but believe me just sit tight and ride it out because when the weight starts to come off you will feel really happy x

Dejah H.
on 11/25/14 3:09 am - Central, TX

I have had my band since 2008. I love it, and I would do it over. Good luck!! 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/14 4:45 am

I was banded yesterday! Waiting in discharge papers right now. Thank you everybody for the positive posts, and for the warning posts. I have studied studied studied and am aware of the chance of this going bad. I will be alert and pay attention to everything! This is my body. My life. How could I not pay close attention to everything? I am looking very forward to the next few weeks!

Dejah H.
on 11/25/14 7:21 am - Central, TX

Congrats!! Wishing you fast healing and good luck on your weight loss journey! 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

chinadoll12
on 11/28/14 11:46 am

Don't get Lap Band!!! I'm 4 yrs out and I'm losing my hair not the weight. My Dr. said only 20% of the people lose weight. And at 10 after 10 yrs the band needs to get replaced. I was not told any of this when Dr. Enchos but my band in. I'm so happy I switched Doctors. I was also told after my surgery that having PCOS makes it harder to lose weight. YOU TELL ME THIS AFTER YOU DO THE SURGERY!!

Kate -True Brit
on 12/1/14 1:10 am - UK
On November 28, 2014 at 7:46 PM Pacific Time, chinadoll12 wrote:

Don't get Lap Band!!! I'm 4 yrs out and I'm losing my hair not the weight. My Dr. said only 20% of the people lose weight. And at 10 after 10 yrs the band needs to get replaced. I was not told any of this when Dr. Enchos but my band in. I'm so happy I switched Doctors. I was also told after my surgery that having PCOS makes it harder to lose weight. YOU TELL ME THIS AFTER YOU DO THE SURGERY!!

I am sorry you have had problems.  But please could you link me to the place where there is clear evidence that the band must be removed after 10 years. I see this quoted a lot but have never been able to see a reputable source. I have been told it is on Allergan website but Allergan when I asked told me it wasn't,

and, as people told you when you posted about this, the band does not cause hair loss unless it is preventing you eating. If it is preventing you eating or causing you to vomit it needs either loosening or, yes, removing, 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

chinadoll12
on 12/1/14 3:25 am

My Primary Dr as well as my surgeon told me this last week.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/1/14 6:00 am - UK

Interesting. Not what my doc, my surgeon or the manufacturers say, 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

chinadoll12
on 12/1/14 9:19 am

Dr. Enchos never said that either. But my new Dr. everybody loves him I trust what he says. Can we change the topic now please.

Most Active