LapBand Surgery in 2 days!

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/14 6:14 am

I understand that sometimes people can still do everything exactly right, and still have problems. But, I have faith in this and have said many a prayer. if it were meant to be, it will work.

ladygodiva1228
on 11/22/14 6:45 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On November 22, 2014 at 2:14 PM Pacific Time, CarBra wrote:

I understand that sometimes people can still do everything exactly right, and still have problems. But, I have faith in this and have said many a prayer. if it were meant to be, it will work.

I'm sorry hon, but faith and prayers will do nothing to help you when complications arise. 

You may have no issues or you may be on who ends up having the band out within a year.  I do truly wish these doctors would smarten up and NOT perform the lap band surgeries any more.  My surgeon now no longer does them.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Hislady
on 11/22/14 7:05 am - Vancouver, WA

I recently read an article that said only 25% of banded people have a good outcome where they lose their excess weight and keep it off. They also apparently don't seem to have any problems with the band as far as slipping, erosion or other problems the rest of us have had. I wouldn't wish a band on satan himself, not only has it caused me permanent stomach damage it has devastated us financially because I had to pay to have it removed. So here I am still in pain and dead broke on top of it all. Yep go ahead and get that band and enjoy the ride!! Nic and I weren't told about the damage it can do but you have been warned and still want one so have fun, I wish you well but the odds aren't good.

Bandedbecca1
on 11/23/14 2:16 am

I am on day 5 from my band. So far everything is going well. The post op liquid diet is getting harder, but I need to stick to it . I was just like you before surgery. I was nervous, excited and anxious. I even second guessed my decision. I prayed a lot . And peace will start to settle in. I woke up with pain on my belly but nothing extreme. I'm excited to do something for myself. It's about time I take control! You just need to find the peace and the motivation to get what you deserve . It's hard, but at least it's not regret! God bless you and keep you safe!

monymony
on 11/23/14 11:45 pm

Hi, don't let anyone discourage you from your decision. I had my band in 2002 and I have no regrets. I feel great. I would do it again. The band is a tool and when used properly will help you get to your goals. I wish you the best of luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/14 4:39 am

Yes it is a TOOL. Thank you for sharing my thoughts lol and thank you for your positivity!

Mell
on 11/23/14 11:51 pm

I have had mine for 8 years! Still rocking it, had some issues but overall still feeling good! Down to my lowest weight right now (need to update my signature).

Good luck!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

annie0039
on 11/24/14 10:43 am

I'm not going to try to convince you either way but hope that in your research of the band you looked at Statistics, the latest from Australia where they Started doing bands long before the US.

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/lap-band-side-effects-additional-surgery-17088/

another link to keep handy if any problems arise

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038361/

Having a band has NOTHING to do with" Following the Rules"  or "LUCK" or "PRAYER" but more of what your willing to Deal with when complications arise.  The only advice I will give is if you have problems and your Doctor tells  you "everything is Fine 'GET A NEW SURGEON..

Nic M
on 11/29/14 1:01 am

This person doesn't want to bother with statistics. Those are for "other people."  I am sure it will work for her because she's going to do everything her doctor tells her to do. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Bette B.
on 11/24/14 10:57 am

I'm not going to try to talk you into or out of anything. I will just congratulate you on starting you new life,and to say that in 2 weeks, I will hit my 11th anniversary with my band. Given the options now available for WLS, I would still make the same choice.

Bette

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Most Active