Getting Banded in 2 weeks! Questions & Opinions!

A_Lanza
on 11/14/14 12:32 pm

It's okay, we're on good terms now. We're actually really good friends. He's actually at my house right now and were hanging out lol. I can't help but always see the good in people no matter how horrible they have been to me. Yeah, things like that sting. People don't realize, but words like those will literally stick with me forever. It's gonna be great getting thin and then rubbing it in their faces OH MANNNN LOL. that must be horrible, military wives sound evil. My surgery is November 29, meaning I could still get in all my thanksgiving feasting. My older brother is very fit, but I have not told him yet. I feel like he is going to say I'm taking the easy way out, and I feel horrible. Because I feel like this is going to affect my relationship with him :( 

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/14 12:04 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA

I CANNOT freaking believe there are still people out there that are getting banded ! 

This is why I can't keep coming back to this place on a regular basis anymore. It's just kills me every time I see another person about to make THE BIGGEST mistake of their life.....I wish IDGAF.....sigh.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/20/14 3:53 pm

IT's unbelievable that surgeons are still taking peoples' money for LapBands and not telling them that this will most likely be a temporary tool.  Just look at the people who post here regularly.  Very few and I do mean very few still have their Bands.  I am smart enough to be honest with people and surgeons owe it to their patients to tell them that it's best to lose that weight as healthy and quickly as possible and then get that Band loosened or removed.  I'm happy for those who still have their Bands, but the percentage of those who have had it removed in emergency procedures is far greater.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

cheyenne000
on 11/12/14 7:57 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Good luck to you, hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. If you have any questions there are people here to help. Just send a pm anytime. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

A_Lanza
on 11/13/14 1:57 pm

Thank you for your kind words and wishes, cheyenne000! I really appreciate it. I need these words, as I can't tell my friends or anything (keeping it a secret). I will definitely post here after surgery and keep y'all posted. :-) 

Most Active