Check ups

LisaWA
on 10/6/14 3:29 pm

Hi I have had my lapband for ten years and have not had it checked since then.  If I'm not having any problems should I have it check? I don't have a doctor anymore.

pineview01
on 10/7/14 11:59 am - Davison, MI

How is your weight loss?  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

vlp1968
on 10/8/14 1:34 am

You are probably just fine.  However, you may want to establish yourself with a doctor.  I think it would be good for you to have someone to go to if you need a fill, or got forbid an emergency happens.  It can be an issue getting a surgeon to take you on when they didn't put in the band, I am not sure how to get around that.  Take good care!

Kate -True Brit
on 10/8/14 9:34 pm - UK

Have you never had fills? I had about six fills in the first 15 months and saw the doctor then. From about 2 years to about 6 years I had an annual barium swallow but over the last few years my doctor said that after so long I know if it feels right and so it wasn't worth doing.

iMO, if it feels right, there is no problem. But as another poster said, having a doctor lined up in case of need might be a good idea. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active