Noobie! -4 days post-op

allthatjez
on 7/17/14 12:40 am

Hi all, 

I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jez. I'm a 32 year old female from the NYC Metro area. At my heaviest, which was 2 weeks prior to surgery, I weighed in at 226 and i'm 5'7. My goal weight is 145. I also have PCOS, which was the catalyst for my massive and rapid weight gain ( i never had any weight issues until my early-mid twenties). 

I just had my lap-band surgery on Monday, so I'm 4 days post op. I'm feeling better and better everyday. The first day was miserable, as expected. But the 2nd day was better, and the 3rd better etc. 

Since starting my pre-op diet, I've lost a total of 18 lbs. 

I've already started moving around the house on day 1. Day 2 I started doing squats and arm raises to help alleviate some of the gas pain. And in 3 weeks I'll be returning to the gym. 

I'm feeling really confident that I can stick to this new lifestyle, though I've only been drinking liquids so far so I guess I can't say for sure how difficult it'll be when I have to add solid foods into my diet again. I'm hoping some of you can provide advice etc. 

My biggest concern is when it comes to food and cooking. I LOVE cooking. Not just for myself but I enjoy cooking for others etc. I'm hoping I can find some band friendly recipes through this forum that will help me stay on track. 

At any rate, I thought I'd stop by and say hello :) 

grannymedic1
on 7/17/14 3:10 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Welcome and congratulations! You are indeed embarking on an exciting new journey. One of the best things I can suggest to you is to be patient. Weight loss is slower for the lap band than some of the other surgeries but hang in there. I would also suggest that you check with folks on the pcos forum for helpful hints. Suggestions can be adapted no matter what surgery you have had. Another, check to see if there are any wls support groups near you. Try checking with your surgeon, perhaps they hold some, mine does. Finally, don't give up. You will have bad days, weeks, even months but remember that this journey is for life so the short term is not as important as the decisions you make that will continue past this day. 

Good luck,

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Kate -True Brit
on 7/17/14 3:52 am - UK

Welcome. I agree with Grannymedic, patience is probably one if the most important things!

I love cooking as well and being banded really doesn't stop that, but it does change it! Just learn t cook new things! It may be that you already cooked healthy foods, just too much! But being banded really doesn't stop you enjoying food. In fact, for me it improved it! Quality over quantity!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 7/17/14 2:18 pm - Davison, MI

Granny gave some good advise!  Plus check with your surgeon about what activities and when to start them.  Mine wouldn't have Oked the gym at 3 weeks.  Maybe they are just over cautious.  I don't like to cook but, I do like to bake.  For me I changed to making cookie dough and putting in amounts for just one batch at a time to bake while the grands are over.  Than I just changed to buying the dough popping into the oven so I don't eat any dough.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active