MY LAST POST

Kate -True Brit
on 7/3/14 11:11 pm, edited 7/5/14 6:47 pm - UK

The original post has been removed. This was in response to a post by RedApples.

Just in case you do check in....

I genuinely want you to succeed. And there aren't all that many 8 year vets out there so I don't know everything but I have come across an awful lot! So please feel free to ask me. I am very, very pleased to see you are now aiming for 120lbs in a year. So if you get there in 6 months -fabulous! But if you don't you won't feel a failure.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Vivian Prouty
on 7/3/14 11:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I wish you well with your lap band.   People seriously need to keep their rude comments to themselves.    ALL the WLS's work if you work them right.   Yes some have complications but that doesn't mean that you will have issues with them.   I have a niece who lost about 130 lbs in 1 yr. with her band and she's had NO issues at all.    She was well aware of what could happen but just because it could....doesn't mean it will.    Good luck and I'm sorry your choosing not to come here for support.   No bashing from me on whatever WLS anyone chooses.   It's a personal choice.   Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kate -True Brit
on 7/5/14 6:51 pm - UK
On July 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM Pacific Time, Vivian Prouty wrote:

I wish you well with your lap band.   People seriously need to keep their rude comments to themselves.    ALL the WLS's work if you work them right.   Yes some have complications but that doesn't mean that you will have issues with them.   I have a niece who lost about 130 lbs in 1 yr. with her band and she's had NO issues at all.    She was well aware of what could happen but just because it could....doesn't mean it will.    Good luck and I'm sorry your choosing not to come here for support.   No bashing from me on whatever WLS anyone chooses.   It's a personal choice.   Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

If it is being rude to offer help but point out that 120lbs in SIX MONTHS with a lapband is just a teeny bit unrealistic........  Yes, lots of us were that sort of rude! Everyone warned her that saying, as she did, that she would feel a failure if she "only" lost 50lbs in 6 months was not a good way to start out. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Nic M
on 7/6/14 7:40 am

You should never be honest. Someone might get hurt feelings,  heaven forbid. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 11:58 pm, edited 7/4/14 12:37 am

I though you planned to post daily to be accountable for progress?   I know it helped me a lot.  If I don't see you posting - good luck.  And best wishes. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active