July is the Month!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/14 5:24 am

I will lose 100 lbs I almost loss 50 lbs without the band. Six months on a 800 calorie diet working out twice a day supervised by my surgeon and family doctor and having a positive attitude and block all negative people comment's I will reach my goal. I will post pictures and go to the next Obesity Help Reunion to prove I was right. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/14 11:24 pm

I did last year when I loss over 45 lbs in 5 months I didn't think I needed surgery in July 2013 I cancel it, thinking I can do it on my own I was wrong I regain almost all my weight back. I started back in Dec. 2013 realizing I need help. I never had a problem losing weight my hope for the band is to help me with portion control and keep the weight off. 

Kate -True Brit
on 7/3/14 1:08 am - UK
On July 3, 2014 at 6:24 AM Pacific Time, redapples wrote:

I did last year when I loss over 45 lbs in 5 months I didn't think I needed surgery in July 2013 I cancel it, thinking I can do it on my own I was wrong I regain almost all my weight back. I started back in Dec. 2013 realizing I need help. I never had a problem losing weight my hope for the band is to help me with portion control and keep the weight off. 

I really am NOT trying to be snarky! But if you lost 45lbs in 5 months, why do you think you are about to lose 120lbs in 6 months?  The band does NOT stop you eating. If it does, it is too tight. All it does is slow eating so your brain thinks you have eaten more than you have. Food passes through a well-adjusted band in about a minute. It is always possible to carry on eating. 

If you eat under 1000 calories you are going to be hungry, unlike VSG.  And you absorb every thing you eat, unlike RNY.  If you eat over 1000 calories, even at your current size, you are unlikely to lose 20lbs a month for 6 months. 

I truly am not being negative, I am genuinely concerned you are going to be very disappointed!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/14 11:08 pm

My ticker doesn't reflect the first day I went to my Doctor and my weight loss on my liquid diet I will update it on the 8 the day of my surgery.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/3/14 2:20 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

If you're problem is self control a therapist most certainly would help. What are you going to do when you learn how to eat around the band if your issue is self control?  All slider foods will still go down.  Chocolate bars?  They will melt in your mouth and still go down.  Milk shakes?  No problem.  Potato chips chewed up into a fine dust?  No problem.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 6:38 am

What would be the point of having the band if I eat junk food? I'm not eating that mess anymore that is the main reason why I gain this weight. Therapist will NOT help me with portion control. 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/3/14 7:05 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Why do you even need a band if you are so sure you are going to be successful?

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/3/14 7:11 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Btw, one more point--I think you are right.  I don't think there is a therapist that could possibly help you.  You have to open to therapy in order for it to work.  Please keep us posted, we are all curious about the outcome.  

Kate -True Brit
on 7/3/14 4:20 pm - UK

The band does nothing at all to help you avoid junk food. Only will power can do that. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/26/14 12:28 am

Good luck. You are very ambitious.  I hope you can prove us wrong about the weight loss expectations. 

I had RNY 6 years ago - and I still have  a lot of restrictions and some malabsorption. I re-gained some weight and just recently decided that I want to lose it and I put myself on 1000 cal a day very low carb diet.  IT IS HARD !!! I already lost 12 lbs ..but it took me almost 2 months to do it.. I still want to lose 10-12 lbs.. and I know it will take me even more time to lose it. 

But - the 1000 cal (on average) is really challenging for me.... I do hope you have the determination and stamina to do it.  Good luck.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active