Dysphagia and silent GERD from the band?

sunlover
on 5/2/14 4:51 am - Hinesburg, VT

Hello,

I was banded in 2005, and after years of problems I finally won my 2nd appeal from my insurance company for a revision.  I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced Dysphagia and silent GERD from the band?  And if you had a revision and found it got better or worse?

Thanks for any help, story, or advice you would share Michelle

Kate -True Brit
on 5/3/14 6:13 pm - UK

This board is, as you can see, very quiet. Quite a few people on OH have moved to the sleeve from bands after problems like yours and you may get more readers if you post on the general board or the sleeve board. Although if your problem has been GERD, it might be you are more likely to be considering RNY and there are some who have gone that way, try the RNY board to contact them. There is also a failed bands group but you need to look for someone with the link in their signature line to access that. 

Brst wishes.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 5/4/14 2:37 pm - Davison, MI

What Kate said and like you have found they are more people on the other boards and I have responded to you there too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

sunlover
on 5/5/14 11:38 pm - Hinesburg, VT

Thanks Kate!  I have posted elsewhere and have received great feedback.  Michelle

Most Active