3 years after Lap Band weight is staying the same

Carl S.
on 4/30/14 12:22 pm
with

5'6" 235 lb starting point NOV 2011

5'6" 187 lb today APR 2014

Kate -True Brit
on 4/30/14 7:02 pm - UK

All calories are not equal! Research is increasingly showing that. But the basic equation is the same. Take in fewer calories than you burn and your body must use stored enrgy (fat). 

Do you have a good level of saline in your band? 50lbs down is a lot of fat! And most of us were on a steady gain line before getting surgery, so you have not only lost, you have also avoided getting even bigger! So apositive  outcome even if not what you probably hoped for.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 5/1/14 4:35 am - Vancouver, WA

Maybe try some low carb dieting and different exercises. I know I am very sensitive to carbs when I eat more than 20-30 carbs per day I gain like crazy or just quit losing. Also as far as exercise goes your muscles get used to doing the same exercise and so they don't work as hard over time to do the same exercise so sometimes changing it up helps. No matter what you may just be in a stall they can last for months sometimes. Good luck to you!

kaytiebugs
on 5/2/14 4:30 am - Flowery Branch, GA

Are you tracking your calories/macros on My Fitness Pal/Sparkpeople etc? What's your typical day of food look like? Are you exercising at least 4x a week and including weights?

Most Active